Where to go from here?

Options
I would like to lose a couple of stone and exercise regularly but I don't know how to fit this into my lifestyle yet.

I am married and have 5 kids, I don't want to make them follow a diet as they don't need to (although all of our eating habits need to improve!). Does anyone know of any good web sites that do a meal regimes for one person? I have seen plenty that do meals that 'feed 4' however I only want a meal for me!

Replies

• kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I only have my husband to think about so I mix it up a bit with low fat ready meals for me when he having something like burgers and chips or just eating less of what he is having. For example, if we have a roast I will swap roast spuds for new ones and have more veg. Stews and casseroles work well too and I just have a smaller portion. Sometimes it isn't all about eating different foods but preparing them differently so losing the butter and oil and grilling more. And if we are having takeaway I up my exercise for the day and try and choose wisely. Despite not being on this with me my my husband has lost a stone this year and is slowly picking up some of my habits. Good luck
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut out everything, maybe start with small simple swaps that the family will still eat and just watch your portions until you settle into a routine. Invest in a set of measuring cups they are a great tool and really help you stay in check with portion sizes. Also, google portion sizes if you dont want to invest in a scale of measuring cups, they give you examples such as 4 oz of meat is about the size of a deck of cards, it's not perfect but it definitely helps. Good luck on your journey.!
  • Helen9725
    Options
    Rosemary Conley has a solo slim range (don't know what the prices are like though) also she did have a "Solo Slim DIet" in an old magazine (100 pages) called the "Rosemary Conley Diet Collection" in 2002 which had 8 diets in it. Helen9725
  • TeresaJill
    TeresaJill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If your family doesn't make healthy changes, I don't see how you'll be able to continue being thin once you've lost the weight. You won't want to spend the rest of your life not eating what they eat.

This killed me off. You see my profile pic? That was after I lost a bunch of weight in 2007. Unfortunately, our family habits did not change because I was just eating seperately while losing the weight. Once I reached a point where I just wanted to be a part of the family and eat what they ate, it all came back very quickly.
  • paulfoster
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, lots of good advice to take in and digest :)