Weighing less after a workout?

Options
I have been doing the 30 Day Shred and just finished Level 1 Day 9!
Weigh loss has been slow since I only had 8lbs to lose and I reset my goals from 2lbs a week to .5lbs a week.
Today I weighed as I normally do when I wake up (8:30ish today) after the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything, weighing on my wii in the same clothes. When I weighed in I was surprised that I had lost 1.1lbs..yippeee.

I just did the shred around 10am and finished a bit ago. I thought I would weigh in just to see if it is different after my workout. I did have a coffee and another bathroom trip :wink: thanks to the coffee. When I weighed in it said I had lost another .9lbs! How can that be? Can I trust it? I like it so much better then the first weigh in...can I keep it? Can I huh? Please :wink:

Seriously though it is my weigh in day and I recorded the first weight but should I correct it with the new prettier weight?
How does that happen?

Replies

• HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Sweat? I don't know, I haven't figured it out yet, but after I run I sometimes lose up to 3lbs. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but by some cruel tempt of nature I usually put it back on within the next few hours. :ohwell:
  • moranimal
    moranimal Posts: 18
    Options
    Some digital scales can give you different weights one immediately after the other. I usually check 3x just to make sure it gives me a consistent number.
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    It's water loss from sweating. You should actually drink back that weight in water. I make sure I do that after I run!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I would record the lowest. Lol, i weight myself like that too. Most say weigh yourself in the morning right after you use the restroom but that's now my lowest. I get up at 6am, then go to the gym at 8am to 9am, come home, feed my girls, then go weight myself and take a shower. And that's after i drank a liter of water
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I sometimes lose a pound just brushing my teeth. Seriously! :-)
  • GinjaNinja1
    GinjaNinja1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you just had a .9 lb dump! That must have felt good!
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with delilah, its prob. from water loss, u should def. drink water.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I can sweat off a good 2-3 pounds from sweat while running, too. It comes right back.
  • jeharris16
    Options
    Could have been the bathroom trip depending on what you release. You will always be your lowest in the morning after you have used the bathroom. I don't know if I buy the sweat theory since typically you should weigh more after a workout because as you engage your muscles, they swell. My digital scale gives me different numbers and I always take the higher number so I am sure that I am not fooling myself!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I won't record it unless I see it again, if it is real it will be there again tomorrow.

I weigh on my wii and if I weigh myself 3 times in a row it is always the same. My bathroom scale always use to give me a different reading every time but lately it has been consistant and less then the wii results but I have always recorded the wii results so will continue to do so. I weighed on the bathroom scale shortly after posting this and before my shower and it said I was .4lbs lower then the lowest my wii gave me.

I drink tons of water! I have a 20oz bottle that I fill and drink 6+ times a day.

I plan to weigh again on Monday since it is the day I start level 2 so want to record my first level results before moving on.
  • JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    Options
    i would actually record your FIRST weigh in . even if its higher... because that .9 is not fat loss and will most likely be back tomorrow. And its going to be a let down thinking you GAINED .7 lbs tomorrow morning than to see you lost another .2 lbs... make sense? i think i confused myself lol