newbie just did 6 minutes on the elliptical, lol!

Options
I'm huffin' and puffin' and I could blow your house in!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief, only 6 minutes, LOL!

Baby steps right? But hey, I did the ET on a Saturday and that in itself is huge for me, and it's
cuz of all the support and motivation on this site! So thanks to you all for your stories and support
to get my butt back in gear.

Woooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo it's a start, and I'm ready to get where I want to be by time
we go to the beach in 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A FANTASTIC SATURDAY MFP friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL WIN THIS BATTLE, THIS JOURNEY WE TAKE TOGETHER!

Replies

• ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    wtg!!! it all adds up!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I remember when 5 min on a zero incline treadmill at 2.8 speed was a real toughie. lol. Just keep at it. 6 min will turn into 10, into 15, into 20... Keep it up!
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Geat start!!! Slowly add 1min each time and you will be ET like a pro. Good Luck on your journey!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    That was better than me! The elliptical is NOT my friend!! :grumble:

Good job. Next thing you know, you'll be on there for 45 mins laughing at the 'old' you. Keep it up!!

Maybe, just maaaybe, I'll hop on for a few minutes (literally!!), you've inspired me. :bigsmile:
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    The elliptical...ugh! I went to the gym twice to use it...the gym was closed. I made it to be the Holy Grail of exercise equipment in my head for a week until I finally could get on one. I had NO idea how rough it is! LOL One of my mini goals is to stay on one for 10 minutes.
  • k_b_fit
    k_b_fit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! When I started the elliptical, my first time was SEVEN minutes! I'm right there with ya except now, almost two months later I can go for 60. :D

I have faith in you!
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! OMG, you have lost 188 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so amazing and inspiring to me!
  • OneBKDiva
    OneBKDiva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You did great, it's a start!!!
  • MoonlightMerlot
    MoonlightMerlot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I wonder if you could do another 4 easy minutes later today to make it an even 10? :wink:
  • AmysNewBeginning
    Options
    Love it! Ok, if you do it just for a few minutes, I will get back on later and do 7 minutes! Promise! :drinker:
  • AmysNewBeginning
    Options
    well i just offered to do 7 minutes later if they got on just for a few today! lol! we'll see! thanks for this push! love it!!!!!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    you did 5 more than on my first time
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Great job...we all had to start somewhere...do give up!!

2639362.png