Cheating

Options
Last night my uncle passed away of a massive heart attack. Up until that time I have been very strict on my diet. Well on my way home from the hospital saying good bye I cheated hardcore on my diet. Mcdonald's was like an old friend.

needless to say I didnt sleep well afterwards and I am on track today (yet still sad).

Im not posting this looking for sympathy. Im not even looking for anyone to respond. I just feel I need to share the fact that I cheated with everyone. Maybe it will help someone else. Maybe not. So there it is.

ty for reading
Austin

Replies

• RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but at least your uncle is at peace now.
    According to your ticker you've lost 57lb?
    That's amazing!!!!!!!
    We all need comfort food at times, and 1 outing to McD's isn't going to harm you- other than being nutritionally void (!!) :laugh:
    So by all means get back to healthy eating,but don't punish yourself too much.
    Take care

Rich
    :drinker:
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up over cheating, it happens to the best of us. The main thing is to stay positive and that you are back on track today. You and your family are my my thoughts and prayers today.
  • celticgirl1787
    Options
    That's so sad about your loved one! Don't feel bad about cheating. God made food to be enjoyed - you needed some comfort. Its okay to indulge in something unhealthy sometimes - just don't turn it into an all the time thing!

May you and your family find comfort at this time!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I cheat every once in a while myself. Everyone does. It keep us from going insane. Just get back on track, exercise will help you through the emotions, and no harm done. Sorry for the loss. You got this. Everyday is a good day, everyday is a new day.
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Please don't beat yourself up over one slip at McDonalds. I have done that on a few occasions too and it really doesn't affect your overall committment unless you continue on that path. I, too, and an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, mad,glad, etc. etc. I have learned that food doesn't make the issues go away and it doesn't make me happy in the long run. You will be a much healthier person for your children if you stay the course! Do this for yourself too! Keep the faith and keep focused. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Toothfairyy
    Toothfairyy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss. But done beat yourself up we all do it thats why they have these sites and weight watchers ect. So as long as your not stopping by Mc Ds everyday it will be ok. You are well on your way to a life of paying attention to what goes past your lips lands on your hips. Need a buddy I'm here.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.