Weekend Struggles???

Options
Hello everyone, I've been using MFP since mid March. I'm down 10 lbs, WOOHOO! The problem I have is weekends. I love my wine... There is nothing better to me than relaxing with a glass of red... My husband and I have a very active social life and I just need to get a grip...I'm doing great with my exercise, 5 days a week. I'm doing cardio for now trying to blast the fat. I plan on starting strength training in about another 10 lbs... I'm also doing great with keeping my fat intake under control. I do believe I'd be further along if it wasn't for the empty calories in my drink of choice... I was just wondering if there was any others out there who were doing/feeling the same... I need to moderate my intake.... This is my first post, just thought I'd share....

Replies

• Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Welcome!! I admit that I am not a drinker of wine or beer. Just thought that I would invite you to be a friend if you would like. I do have some friends that do like you do. Have a day.
  • rakelros
    rakelros Posts: 67
    Options
    In my opinion, it´s alright to endulge yourself every once in a while.
    I would burst if I didn´t have the occasional ice cream ...

Just don´t overdo it ...

It would be good for you to start with strength training as soon a possible though, since more muscle means more calories burned. :P Nobody´s talking about lifting 50 pounds on a bar, or doing knee bends holding 30 pounds.
    Just bending your knees slightly will help with leg muscles (just stick your butt out, don´t let your knees go in front of your toes when you bend down), take very light hand weights, or a milk carton and lift it as many times as you can manage, small stuff to start with :)
  • amyburkhart03
    amyburkhart03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it's absolutely necessary to give yourself a day off every once in a while. Since you love wine, I just read something from the biggest loser simple swaps book that you can make your wine a spritzer by having just half of your normal glass of wine and filling the rest of the glass with seltzer water. I hope this helps. Please feel free to friend me if you want.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You and your husband should organize a few of those social events - invite everyone to try an outdoor activity like kayaking, or spend an evening organized around games, rather than food.

Might I ask why you are waiting to start the strength training? Remember that strong muscles will make the whole process easier!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it´s alright to endulge yourself every once in a while.
    I would burst if I didn´t have the occasional ice cream ...

Just don´t overdo it ...

gotta have my biweekly bowl of ice cream