Turbo Fire HIIT 15 help

Options
I just did TF HIIT 15, its a killer. My problem is I don't have a HRM so I wonder what burn you all get? If I could find someone who is about my height and weight, that might work?? I am 5'8 and weight 161.

I know, I know I have got to get one of those little bugers but they are expensive. :(

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    You can get an inexpensive watch HRM for around $40. I just finished my HIIT 15, and I burned around 350, but I'm 211 lbs and 5'6".
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    woah 350 for HIIT 15..I did HIIT 20 two weeks ago and I burned 220 calories...but I understand with HIIT you keep burning well after so you will need to keep your HRM on.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I burned 276 calories doing HIIT 15 and Stretch 10

5'8" 137 lbs

edit: The stretch 10 doesn't really increase your heartrate, so if you didn't do it, it should still be the same calories, because of the afterburn
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 109lb.
    I burn about 250kcal when putting quite a bit of myself on it. ^_^

The HRM will help you a lot, and let you know how much of an effort you're putting into it.

I hope you're enjoying Turbo Fire!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Here are my numbers 5'3'', 157(the day I did it) and I burned about 130! Maybe you can find a medium!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    It depends on the intensity too. I'm 5'5 126 and burned 373 today. Be careful not to use the estimate from MFP. I entered the minutes I did HIIT 15 for and it estimated 500 calories burned which wasn't true.
    I use a Timex HRM I bought for 35.00 from Overstock.com. You can google for free shipping codes. It comes with the chest strap too and works wonderfully for what I need.
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    Oh snap! I just stop monitoring my HR after Im done. So how long after should you keep your HRM on and monitor your burn?
    I did Stretch 10 after and burned 134 cals but I don't know if it was the afterburn from HIIT 15...
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Oh snap! I just stop monitoring my HR after Im done. So how long after should you keep your HRM on and monitor your burn?
    I did Stretch 10 after and burned 134 cals but I don't know if it was the afterburn from HIIT 15...

I usually keep my HRM running until I get back down to around 90 bpm (this usually takes 5-10 min). My resting is around 70.

You definitely get an afterburn, your heart rate is super super elevated during that workout and stays elevated for a while. You're shorting yourself calories if you don't count those =]
  • RebekahKuhl
    RebekahKuhl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and about 148 and I only burn about 150 calories or so. I use my bodybugg as reference. I have had a lot of issues with the accuracy of hrm's reading way too high. I don't think burns of 300 in 15 minutes are possible for someone of a smaller size - that would be about 20 calories per minute! Here's a cool little website tool that I've found to get a good estimate without a device: http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm =)