any know any tips?

Options
does any1 know any helpful tips tricks or mind psychology to stop food binges? This only happens to me when i have had two glasses of wine! I wud still like to enjoy the odd glass now and again wivout craving food

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    No really any great tips except to try to plan ahead. If you allow yourself a little something you might be less likely to binge. Try to exercise a little extra on a day you will be going out and plan ahead what you will drink and snack on.
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    Avoid the wine.... lol.
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Well, I wrote a blog post about it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/30tips/view/stick-mostly-to-wine-if-you-are-having-alcoholic-beverages-88661
    I believe you shouldn´t have the alcohol on an empty stomach, for sure, and maybe you should avoid having sugary food (generally sensible advice,whether you´re losing weight or not). Avoid having salty food that will make you thirsty (unless you calm it with water, you will probably have more alcohol to quench the thirst, not less)
    I would recommend planning what you´re going to eat ahead of time. Be conscious of the influence other people have on your drinking, and brace yourself accordingly. If you know that someone´s going to insist that you have more, plan to stick to the two glasses, period, but plan how you´re going to be able to achieve that. Keep in mind that alcohol also slows down the burning of fat, apparently. Drink a lot of water to keep hydrated, because alcohol is a diuretic.
    Follow all other advice for eating out..... Doing exercise, having a decent breakfast, logging/planning what you WILL eat later. I´ve even gone to lengths a couple of times to even call the restaurant and find out what´s on their menu sometimes...
    Some people recommend eating a meal BEFORE going out. That´s also an option, especially if the bars you´re going to aren´t big on food... (and they usually don´t have a wide selection of smart food..)
    http://www.shapefit.com/alcohol-calories.html
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Ha! I do believe I will add this to my earlier blog, it was quite short...