I Want to lose 100lbs help and encouragement greatly receive

Options
Hi all,
I am sick of being so overweight, that it is now or never!
Well at little bit about me,
I lost 4 stone a few years ago on Lighterlife, which I ended up in hosptial with kidney problems with, which wasn't great!
I fell off of the wagon big time and put it all and a load more back on!
I have shed many a tear over my weight and at times hate myself so much, although never enough to walk away from the chocolate, so it's got to the point of enough is enough and I need to do this for me!
I am going on holiday later on in the year so for me that is my mini goal to see how much I can lose between now and October?
What would be a realistic amount? I was thinking aroung 3st or is that too optermistic???

I have just read the above and what a miserable firdt post, my apologies
If anyone can offer help, encouragement and support on my journey I would really appreciate it!

Bye for now x

Replies

• AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just set goals and work at it a little each day. My sister did lighter life when she was in England and I thought it was a horrible diet! She lost a lot of weight, but gained the majority of it back as well. This is much better...a life style change! Good luck!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you have deffently come to the right place for encouagement ! I will send you a friends request !
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi! Wecome!
    I totally understand your feelings. I felt the same way. My dad pretty much disowned me and my now husband because I married him. I put on weight from emotional eating. I really had a hard time with it. It was like i could see myself from outside my body but I couldn't do anything to stop it. But, I have been working thru it slowly but surely!
    I think that between now and Oct 40-60 lbs would be a good realistic goal. Especially because the weight comes off fast at first, and then slows down.
    Please friend me if you like. I would love to encourage you as I continue my journey! :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!! Start with tracking your food, and making small changes. Those will lead to HUGE changes. This is NOT a Diet so you can "Live the MFP Way" Forever!!
  • xstealth12x
    xstealth12x Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hiya Sammi!

Love the enthusiasm you're coming with! I think the toughest part about working out is reining in the enthusiasm in the first few days. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is: start small!

I know, I know! It's completely counter intuitive, but the easiest way to get discouraged is to go hard the first two days, feel sore, and then decide to take a day off. That day off usually turns into a very expensive, wasted gym pass.

Start small, leave yourself wanting more at the end of your workout for the first few weeks. Also, track measurements as well as weight. Just tracking weight can be discouraging because you may find yourself plateauing in weight as you're still losing size.

I'd wish you good luck, but luck's got nothing to do with it, right?

Happy health!
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    I had almost a 100 pounds to loose when I started last september - have lost 53 so far - I am in a little slump right now so also need incouragement so we can help each other- I live in Jackson Ohio - but the computor makes the distance between all of us go away . good luck - add me as a friend please
  • Mischabella
    Options
    Hold that head up. I have been there with you. When I started on here..I weighed 346lbs, the most I have ever weighed in my life.I have cried over my weight too. But you know what..if I can do it , you can as well :) The way i am looking at it..it's not a diet honestly.I have changed how eat totally...the way i look at fast food (which was my downfall). I am exercising and loving it..find something that you enjoy doing ( mine is walking and working out int he swimming pool) so that it doesn't feel like a chore or you dread doing it.

Take baby steps... don't get discouraged. Set mini goals for yourself....if i looked at how much i have to lose...i would say screw it and give up...but instead i look at how far i have come. Getting into old jeans....makes me do the happy dance. Seeing someone's face who has not seen me in awhile and them saying..dang you are looking awesome. Stuff like that encourages me to keep going.

Not to mention...i feel so much better!!! physically and emotionally about myself

So do not give up at all!! You can do this....website is great for logging your food..and the support your receive from people is fantastic.
  • olbluefox
    Options
    I am 67 years old and have just started year 2 of my diet! Yes I said year #2. When I hit the point of "enough is enough" and "I have to do this for ME", I started light exercise 3 times a week (treadmill, recumbent bike and stretching) and an 1800 calories per day limit. I researched calorie counts for everything I ate and put it down, first on a excel spreadsheet and now here on this site. I now exercise more vigorously at least 5 or 6 days a week and I am now limiting myself to 1500 calories a day. I have lost 73 pounds and still i weigh 237 lbs. and feel like just another overweight old man. My point is this; If your reach the point that you just can't stand it any more (which I did), then start a lifetime of changes. No short term goals for me ever worked. I am not at all certain that my way will help you but I am sure pulling for you to be more of the person you want to be. God Bless You!
    ps: I don't know about a stone but my stomach always feels like it has a boulder in it!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    Most of all yourself need to get optimistic ! This is a good place so first step is done.Even if you have sweets ( chocolate:))try to logg them fast to your food diary,this way you will know how many cal. you have left for the day! As long you dont pass your daily goal too far you will be OK! stay true to yourself and don't beat yourself up for little "food mishaps".Just go back quickly on the right track!You can do this and this place is BIG help.Good luck!:)
  • focusedfrances
    focusedfrances Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!