New Here : )

Options
millygrl
millygrl Posts: 98 Member
Hi guys!
I have finally decided to get my butt in gear and lose weight. I completely lack motivation, as most of the time I'm just content with the way I am. I have great friends and family, am doing well in school and really couldn't ask for more. But I can't help but think what would it be like if I were 40 lbs lighter, in great shape and looked kick *kitten* in my clothes. So here I am. Ready to see what more I can make of life : )
Oh and btw my name is Michelle or Milly, as my family calls me. I'm 22 years old have already lost 8 lbs and want to lose 42 more

Replies

• MeghanJean
    Options
    I couldnt agree with you more! Ive been half trying to get my butt in gear but its gets hard when you have a demanding job and are a single mom, I get tired very easily and sometimes just look for the easy way out either being food or a quick not difficult workout if you could call it that most days lol Now with summer around the corner Im trying to get back into my bathing suits because Im going on vacation the end of May..Stressfull!!!! Good luck to you!!!!
  • millygrl
    Options
    I know that summer stressful feeling so well!!! This time every year you remember that you aren't going to covered by all the winter layers and god forbid some one is going to see your arms and legs lol. I guess we just have to keep in mind that we are doing this for ourselves and we only get one body, might as well treat it right.
  • mayacakes
    mayacakes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle!

I also know exactly how you feel! im in college still and am a very good student, balancing work, friends, family, boyfriend, and I eat pretty healthy and work out 5 days a week. I have noticed (from a psych course I took) that I have a pretty poor self-confidence, and a low value on my self mainly because i have a poor self-image. I don't think I am very confident and I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT especially in my belly and back, so i can feel confident when trying to get a job next year!

I would love to be friends so we can really motivate our selves since we seem to have similar goals! Way to go with the 8lbs so far though!!!!
  • millygrl
    Options
    I would love to have someone to share this process with!! I completely understand lack of self-confidence. Especially being in school I know the feeling well. When you are surrounded by tons of people your own age all the time it is so easy to be self conscious. So, yes lets motivate each other!
  • MeghanJean
    Options
    I also lack the whole self confidence thing as well, when I was younger I used to be super chubby and never really did anything with myself, when I got into my teen years I slimmed down alot but still had the mind set that I was fat, then I had my son soon after I got out of highschool and it all went downhill from there, it was so hard for me to get into the swing of things, hes 4 now and I think i have a little bit more confidence in myself to get serious about this. I need a change, I have a good job now, and a very steady boyfriend and I want to not only look good for him but for myself as well, I dont want to be self conscious anymore and I want my son to look at me and see that his Mom is determined and hard working. Plus it would be nice to feel good about myself in my summer clothes, I agree about the winter atire lol I always had layers on so it didnt matter how much I gained, but I didnt realize just how much I let myself go, Let me know if you ladies need and swift kicks in the rear! :)
  • amyjolaine
    amyjolaine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know what you are going through. in the last five years, I have lost 35 pounds, but have gained 25 back... we can do this together. Add me if you want, and we will do this day by day