Type 1 diabetics

Options
Hey, i was just wondering if there were many type 1's on here. If so i am curious how dieting and eating healthy has gone for you. My blood sugars are finally lining out for once and its brought on many changes to my body and patterns.

What do you struggle with? Has dieting helped your A1C? Are you a shot person or a pumper?

:)

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm T2 diabetic, but have been just about able to reverse it through diet & exercise.
  • lozamatoz
    Options
    Hi, I have type 1 diabetes. I take my insulin by injections, and I have lost some weight by dieting, If you want to talk more message me :D
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I have type 1 (17 years) and I'm on the pump. I also blog about my diabetes at LemonadeLife.com. Check it out if you'd like! I'm still getting used to this whole losing weight with diabetes thing, but so far it's been OK. Lots of lows though, because I'm losing weight so my body doesn't need as much insulin.
  • ellehcar83
    ellehcar83 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been type 1 since I was 18 months old so I've been dealing with it my whole life. I struggle so much and find my diabetes to be one of the hardest parts of losing weight and staying balanced. If anyone has some advice or tips that have helped them, that would be great. I always find that I have to stop in the middle of a workout to drink juice and eat carbs, so it feels pointless.

I just started on MFP and am hoping that this will help me monitor my food better to help maintain better readings. My a1c last was at 6.7, but I roller coaster so high and low all of the time that makes my average considered "good". I take multiple daily injections and am working towards getting a pump.

Good luck with your goals and staying healthy!