wow

Options
im about to be done.
im not going to deprive myself food and kill myself doing insanity to gain weight.
im so pissed

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    What happened? How much have you gained?

Don't give up. You are being healthier and stronger. It isn't about the number on the scale.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You could always try another fitness plan that works better for your body.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Take a breather. Did you just start insanity? Let you body adjust.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    From your profile:

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    Summer Is On Its Way And I Want To Be In Shape To Be Able to Go To The Lake With Friends Wear Shorts Little Dresses And Be Happy.

My Inspirations
    •My fiance
    •Me
    •My Career

Dont give up! :flowerforyou:
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    i have gained 5 pounds im not losing inches either
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing Insanity? If it's been a fairly short amount of time, then your body is adjusting. It will retain water weight at first until it gets used to the new high level of activity. Don't give up! We're all here for you, fighting the same fight!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. If you reduce your calories in a healthy way and exercise you will lose weight. It is inevitable.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    i have been doing insanity for 2 months.....
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so I can look over your eating, plz.................
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You're working on establishing good exercise habits that will help you in the long run!

That being said, your nutrition plays a far larger role in fat loss than exercise. If you'd like some suggestions on your diary, you can always make it public.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you are depriving yourself of food, healthy food and adequate calorie counts, you will not lose weight. You will go into starvation mode. My weight loss is not rapid, but I am not starving either and I don't kill myself with exercise. Maybe you are going to an extreme... not enough food and too much exercise...??
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    If you are depriving yourself of food, healthy food and adequate calorie counts, you will not lose weight. You will go into starvation mode. My weight loss is not rapid, but I am not starving either and I don't kill myself with exercise. Maybe you are going to an extreme... not enough food and too much exercise...??

Good point! Body needs fuel, even more so when you're really intensely working out. Don't deprive your body of its nutrients, that will counteract all your efforts.
  • BigMama53
    Options
    Actually, there's no such thing as giving up...just healthy choices or unhealthy ones. You might adjust your goals and not focus on certain pounds lost per month because you have no control over that. Set goals you can control and make as many healthy choices as you can...one day at a time.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? I've been doing Insanity for 3 weeks now...I find on the days I do it, when I eat between 1500-1700 calories, I lose weight. On the days I don't do it, I eat around 1200 calories. If I ate 1200 calories on my Insanity days, I would never lose weight because my body will hold onto everything it can. Are you eating enough and getting enough water? I'm sure a lot of your gain is water weight...