Alcohol

Options
I'm going out tonight and I really want some alcohol. What is the best low cal drink. I really like vodka and gin. Maybe tonic something? Rum and diet coke maybe???

Replies

• JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet 7up :)
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Gin or vodka with diet tonic.
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Or...

White wine and Soda water! My dad lost 4 stone drinking that instead of beer :)
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    don't drink tonic, its full of sugar... vodka and soda (soda water not soda pop) is good... even better with flavored vodka :) Or a bloody mary-low cal plus vitamins...lol
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    wine and soda water

or vodka lime and soda water
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    a bblueberry bliss... or what ever fruit flavour you like. It is tonic water with flavoured vodka in it, and it is very low calorie!
  • ivasexydiva
    Options
    Yes, definitely vodka soda as suggested above- add plenty of lemons and limes mmmm yum! :drinker:
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i think bacardi and diet coke is the lowest calorie drink at around 63 calories a glass

but personally i would stick to some red wine (if you want you can mix it with cascade ice or gingerale)
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly enough Guinness is actually lighter then a lot of light beers and it is heavy and fills you up. about 170 cals per 12 oz and pack full of minerals.
  • strapple
    Options
    oh yeah and if you want beer theres that miller 64(which i woudlnt reccomend because gross miller)

but theres also the new bud 55 which is pretty tolerable but i remember knocking back five of them at a party once and not even feeling kind of tipsy. im a small girl so im wondering how much alcohol is actually in it xD
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Whiskey on rocks. Man up.
    -wtk
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    i think bacardi and diet coke is the lowest calorie drink at around 63 calories a glass

but personally i would stick to some red wine (if you want you can mix it with cascade ice or gingerale)

Alcohol is often referred to as a source of 'empty calories', meaning it has no nutritional value other than providing energy. The energy provided by an alcoholic drink depends on the percentage of alcohol it contains, but also on the type of drink it is. For example, a creamy liqueur will have more calories than a clear liqueur. As a rough guide:

a pint of continental lager is about 215 calories
    a measure of spirit contains around 55 calories, but this doesn't include calories from the mixer - try to choose low-calorie options
    a standard glass of dry white wine or red wine is about 115 calories, and sweet wine is about 165 calories
    a creamy liqueur contains around 163 calories per 50ml serving, while the same amount of sherry or port contains around 60 calories a glass
    The MRC Human Nutrition Research last medically reviewed this article in July 2008.
    First published in March 2001.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Flavored vodka or rum with either diet cola or club soda. I checked earlier for someone and Smirnoff's flavored vodkas have 69 calories per 1 oz (or 105 calories per 1.5 oz shot) and zero carbs.
  • strapple
    Options
    the dry red wine i drink is 95 a glass but its very bitter and tart and i wouldn't suggest it for someone who doesn't enjoy wine
  • DrMan
    DrMan Posts: 86
    Options
    I like that idea