Getting crazy frustrated!!!!

Options
Ok so most of you know i am in the military. I am also extremely in shape but I also have hypothyroidism and on top of that hoshimotos syndrome which is just a different type. Ok so I go to a nutritionist once a week and I work out minimum 6 times a week if not more. All my sessions are with a HRM. And i very every exercise day. I lead my troop in the new PT manual and every morning exercise I burn at minimum 850 cals and at average 1000. My nutritionist tells me I am doing amazing but I am getting frustrated because even though my activity is going threw the rough my thyroid problem is not allowing me to loose weight. I can see some toning but not in the areas the army cares about.

now on a different note I am getting next set of results today from my endocrinologist but still by the way he has been in past im sure he will just say all is fine and so on.

Im not sure what else I can do. If the big time Drs. say im good and im maxing myself out what else is there?lol kinda whining but goodness dont know where to go from here.

have a good day everyone

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You talk about exercise a lot but what do you eat? Lean/clean foods? You can't stop reduce with exercise.
  • mrsbullard21
    Options
    Do the doctors have you on a medicine for the hypothyroidism? Synthroid, levothyroxin, etc. are usually prescribed if your lab results put you far enough into the hypo category. My results always come back as borderline and I was told they won't prescribe meds for that. But I would think if your hypo is severe enough that it's affecting your weight loss while you're burning that many calories per day, you'd be on some type of medicine for it.
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have had hashimotos since I was 24 (I am 43 now) and have struggled with losing weight -- even 5 lbs. How are your calories in vs. out? Are you on thyroid medicine right now? I would try to up your protein and watch the refined carbs. That seems to help me but I still never see big numbers. There is a lot of people on this site with hashimotos so you will have a lot of support. Good luck!
  • mkspriggs
    mkspriggs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes I am on meds have been about a year now. And yes I do eat very healthy my nutritionist said there isnt much more i can change. Now the Dr. is checking to see if there is anything else wrong. to day i burned roughly 1400 cals in one work out so im hoping to have some kind of change.thanks guys
  • ljdewitt123
    ljdewitt123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know how tough the military is with weight and measurement restrictions, but can they not give you a waiver to pass the PT as long as you are passing all of the physical activites, running,pushups,situps,etc...
  • mkspriggs
    mkspriggs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    They can but it is really really hard to get one.