Dammit Grandma!

Options
My grandma brought some pumpkin bread mix over after I got out of the hospital. I just made it and now kinda regret it. Ive finished half a loaf since last night. Still not going over my calories but I still know I'm not putting the best stuff into my body. But I feel bad just throwing it out... And its sooooo good!

Replies

• Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    That sounds really good! Don't sweat it too much, at least you aren't going over in calories.
  • sweetdee88
    Options
    YUMMMM pumpkin bread! i don't think i could turn that down either. my grandmother is the same way haha.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Grandma's bread:love: ...someday, she will not be able to make it for you:cry:
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I have really good stuff that I don't want to eat all of, I cut it up into slices and put it in the freezer. That way it is still there when you deserve a treat!
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Slice it up, package in freezer bags and toss them in the freezer! That way you have portion controlled treats that are out of sight.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When I have really good stuff that I don't want to eat all of, I cut it up into slices and put it in the freezer. That way it is still there when you deserve a treat!

Bright minds think alike, you beat me to it!!
  • emily859
    emily859 Posts: 38
    Options
    I know what you mean... my grandma sent me some over thanksgiving holiday. I think I ate an entire loaf in about 3 days! lol. What I didn't do then, and what I would certainly do now (maybe you could too) is cut it into single serving slices and freeze it. Then when you want some, you'll have to thaw it out. Another benefit, it will keep longer, so you don't have to worry about eating it all or letting it go to waste.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ask her for her recipe & post it, please. I would love to make it.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My son is a baker's apprentise and brings home 4 days a week yummy, fresh bread that he has made..how do I say no thanks?? I know fresh bread is so good but now I have to say no and he is getting the idea. that I'm serious about my weight/. Guess what - he still loves me so will your Gran.
    Chuck it out.
    Heather
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    Loving all the ideas about freezing. I have a whole other loaf so I'll probably portion that one out and freeze it and give the rest of this loaf to my bf or friends.
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    Ask her for her recipe & post it, please. I would love to make it.

Its the Libby's pumpkin bread kit. I think they only sell it around the holidays but she had an extra box left over.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Think of it this way: pumpkin is extremely healthy - low in fat and calories and packed with vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients!! :)

Don't beat yourself up about it - you could be eating a lot worse ;)