Food for Mental Clarity?

Options
I'm feeling really fuzzy-headed today and would love to know if anyone has favorite foods that they find help them slough off that brain fog. :yawn:

I'm not talking about taking a handful of gingko supplements, I'm thinking more along the lines of whole foods or recipes with whole foods. My brain (and my semester grade) thanks you for any suggestions. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit always seems to help me :smile:
    Something high in vitamin C, like a quartered orange gives me quite the boost!
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    Pineapple and Mango!
    Citrus tends to help clear "the fog"
    Vitamin C will give you a boost!
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    Mmm, fruit sounds great right now! I'll give that a go. Thanks! :-)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if coffee is considered a whole food (though I'd be curious to know!), but the caffeine will help your alertness and studying. I'm in the same boat right now - exam season!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    spinach
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Coffee (hot or iced) and ice water were always my study stand-bys! =)
  • gt45891
    gt45891 Posts: 25
    Options
    Food for mental clarity: A fresh peeled/parted orange.

Aromatherapeutically, (is that a word?) apply about six drops of lemongrass oil, and eucalyptus oil to a paper towel. Mount (tape, etc) the paper towel near a source of moving air in your room. (such as a furnace vent, AC, or portable electric heater.

Enjoy the freshness. :)
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    You all are awesome. :bigsmile:

Coffee helps with not falling asleep but then I'm just an awake fuzzy-head!

I'd never thought to try aromatherapy to clear my head-- I'll give that one a shot, too.

What I DID find out today was that a long workout does wonders to clear my head. Yipee!!