Taking Things Up a Notch

Options
Last year I hit my highest weight ever...300lbs. I eventually dropped 20lbs and then held my weight. However, I started graduate school in the fall, and that stopped my momentum. I haven't gained weight, but I started down the path of bad health habits again.

Anyway, 2011 is the year in which I'm truly taking things up a notch. At the behest of my wife (who truly looks after me), I've recently joined a 90-day fitness program at our gym and am working with a trainer for a couple of months. I also modified my education goal. I'm not just going for the MA...I'm eventually looking to get into a top-3 PhD program. There's no way I can work that hard at school and work if I'm in horrible shape. Thus here I am...working to drop weight, improve my fitness, and build a truly healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• Method2Madness
    Options
    Oh yeah...if interested, the goal in my signature line of 189lbs represents the weight class I wrestled in during high school. If I can get down there again, I'll be pretty darn happy and I'll assess things (BMI, % body fat, etc) to see where I should go.
  • mark62730
    mark62730 Posts: 13
    Options
    best of luck man...you can do if you put your mind to it!
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    good luck on you journey! It will be a long hard climb , but i'm sure if you put your mind to it you can do it! I have yo- yoed back and fort with my weight for years and have finally commited myself to doing it the right way with exercise and food moderation. I have tried every weigh loss fad out there and have lost weight to only put it all back on plus some. I need to be healthy for myself and my family and need to avoid diabetes which runs in my family!