fufilling my cravings

Options
i behaved badly today, ate a salad from wendys (750 calories wow) and half of a jumbo hot dog @ the movies. today was my treat day, stayed below calories, is it really a big deal to eat what I crave once a week ????

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i behaved badly today, ate a salad from wendys (750 calories wow) and half of a jumbo hot dog @ the movies. today was my treat day, stayed below calories, is it really a big deal to eat what I crave once a week ????

wow that wendys salad is more calories than if you got a double stack burger which is 360 they also have a grilled chicken wrap that is yummy for 260 cal.
    I dont see anything wrong with having a treat day.I have them and ive done pretty well
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    this is the thing that beats me up....my treat days/meals. I think that we should not feel bad yet we do......as long as we make more healthy choices then not for the most/ majority of the meals we consume then why not every now and then.
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    last night i decided to cheat after weighing in friday morning! i lost 3 lbs.. and then decided to "treat" myself with chinese food.. I know i shouldn't of stepped on the scale this morning but i was curious to see what happens after indulging for 1 meal.. oh man do i regret eating that food!! b/c i was almost up 1.5 lbs.. i coudln't believe it.. I dont know if its b/c i went from a 1200 to 1400 intake and then all the sudden i went way over in calories.. my body didn't know what to do! I dont know what to consider a "cheat" day.. i felt bad after 1 meal!
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Jessieanne

Only reason you went up in weight was sodium. Chinese is yummy good and salty. Drink tons of water and your weight will lower in a few days
  • hsquared87
    Options
    You ate Chinese food which is filled with sodium that 1.5 wasn't real weight gain it was water. I wasn't losing an ounce when I was eating 1200 calories I finally talked to a nutritionist who made me up my calories and now I'm losing inches and weight..
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    uhhh I wont eat chinese for awhile!! haha! I keep hearing up your calories..I feel like different things work for different people. I have been losing weight watching what I eat and eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks in between those meals and still keeping my calories at 1400 and somedays its 1200. MFP wants me to eat 1370.. Im just curious why i keep hearing to up your calories when this has been working how would eating more make me lose more weight..? haha.. Im afraid to eat more and have it have a reverse effect on me!