Just Started

Options
Hello all,

I'm a 31 year old mother of 4 and I weight 445lb and am 6 foot tall.....my goal weight is 200lbs. A cousin of mine got me on here to get support and talk to others like me. Seems like a great place to start my journey!!

Cyndi

Replies

• bdtaylor2009
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Best of luck on your journey. Stick with it . I have a grand daughter she is the love of my life!!!!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting started on your journey to being healthy :smile:

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    You will love this website. Its a great place for motivation and support.
    Just stick with it, you CAN do it and the end results will be well worth it! :bigsmile:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hi. So glad you introduced yourself. It's a wonderful place for support and help. It really helps me keep accountable with my food and exercise because everyone else is trying so hard. I don't want to be the disappointment. If ya know what I mean. :)

You can do it just like the rest of us. It takes like what sometimes feels like forever, but during those low spots you find new motivation and courage.

Good luck and we're all here for you.
  • jen21676
    jen21676 Posts: 4
    Options
    Cyndi,

I know you can do this! I am proud of you for starting and love you so much! Don't give up. Make small, reachable goals each week and sucess will be yours!

Love you,

Jennie
  • vyctoria1120
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! Best wishes :happy:
  • TeresaJill
    TeresaJill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're here.

If you have a bad day; put the truth in your food diary, forgive yourself, think about WHY you did that to yourself, and get back on the band wagon AS SOON AS YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE DONE. If it's 7pm, start right then instead of waiting till tomorrow or next week or after a holiday. Take it from someone who kept putting it off so long years went by. Please don't make that mistake and please love yourself enough to forgive yourself when it all goes wrong.

I can't wait to watch you successd and become an insipration for others!:smile:
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR COMING ON HERE AND WANTING TO MAKE A BETTER YOU!!!!!!!!

I just started yesterday and the support is amazing, you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to add me as a friend, I will help you with as much support as I can give!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST BELIEVE YOU CAN DO THIS!
    IT ISN'T GOING TO BE EASY.
    IT MIGHT EVEN BE HELL SOMETIMES.
    IN THE END IT IS ALL WORTH THE HARD WORK, AND YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT THE FULLNESS OF LIFE
    YOU WILL HAVE WITH YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • KatRDH94
    KatRDH94 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just began MFP on Monday April 11, 2011. So far I love the ease and encouragement from success stories. Each day is a new day and with the help of MFP I know I can do it!!!! 5'4 281lbs, hate excersise and trying for a new healthy life, one day at a time! :o)
  • Terriwin
    Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find great support here. Be certain to visit your MFP diary and community boards everyday for accountability and support.
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are going to love it and people are really great for support and advice on here. Congratulations on your first steps to a healthier you! If you want you can send me an friend invite and we can help each other on our journeys.

Deb :flowerforyou:
  • tsansome
    tsansome Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey Cyndi - welcome! I'm pretty new too. It's a great site. You'll love it. All the best with your journey. :smile:
  • rakelros
    rakelros Posts: 67
    Options
    Hey! Nice to meet you :)

The very best of luck on your journey, and if you ever need any help with motivation, it´s as easy as posting.
    It only takes a couple of minutes to get a reply.
    These forums really help me stay on track :)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Good luck to you, this is a great place to be to get motivated and get support along the way! I sent you a friend request :smile:
  • Jasper5085
    Jasper5085 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Cyndi!

Congrats on joining! It is sooo awesome. I just started about a week ago, because a friend told me about it as well. I LOVE it. It makes me feel more in control about what I eat, and a great place to make new friends and have encouragement! I weigh 243 lbs and am trying to get down to 150. I have 93 lbs left to lose, a huge goal but now with this site I feel like I can actually do it. Feel free to add me as a friend and message me anytime you have questions or just wanna chat!

Kim