Is it really obtainable?

Options
I have always been heavy, my mom insists its genetics. Through high school it was only about 20 lbs but 18 years of marriage and 2 babies (1 csection) later it went up to 80 over.
I have reached my first mini goal of 20 lbs and am very proud and motivated to continue.
My ultimate goal is 120, which i havent seen in 25 years, toned and a flat tummy. The best shape i have ever been in my life.
Am i setting myself up for failure on that one?
Is it obtainable after 25 years of abuse?

Replies

• ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    It *is* obtainable!!!! You've come this far; don't second guess yourself and go back to the way things were. You can do it!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Of course it's obtainable...but you are going to have to kick some major butt and MAKE it happen! You can do anything you set your mind too. GO FOR IT!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Well...I say you can do it. I'm going to be 50 next Jan. I have lost 80 pounds. I now weight 147 which I have not been in the last 22 or more years..... so I say YES you can do it!

2639362.png
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I hope so. Although, I don't know. I often wonder if my goals are attainable b/c they are things I have NEVER seen in my entire adult life. Weight of 140 or under, flat tummy, thighs that don't rub when I walk. I don't know if it will ever happen. I hope it does for you.
    I know one thing, b/c after 2 yrs and 70 lbs lost and still not being where I want to be, it keeps me motivated to still work at it and hope for the best. Good luck!
    I think you have a better shot than me by the simple fact that your body has been there before.
  • travelprincess
    travelprincess Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have been walking about 3 miles a day for 2 months and today went back to the gym. Might have to get a personal trainer because i am lost with the toning aspect.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes ma am...
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Yes you can do it if you work hard and are willing to keep at it. And there is a genetic pre-disposition or tendency for being overweight- but it's not an absolute. You can choose in this case to fight the pre-disposition or sit on the couch and eat everything blaming genetics.
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I am 55 and have never in my life had a totally flat tummy! Two children and two abdominal surgies later, I don't think it will ever happen for me no matter how much weight I lose. However, I am hopeful!
  • travelprincess
    Options
    Yes ma am...

Mr.smarty pants lol
  • travelprincess
    Options
    Yes ma am...

Mr.smarty pants lol
  • travelprincess
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I am 55 and have never in my life had a totally flat tummy! Two children and two abdominal surgies later, I don't think it will ever happen for me no matter how much weight I lose. However, I am hopeful!

You look great!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You know, my boyfriend reminded me of something today.

Saturdays are my weigh ins- I was 138, it was a HUGE loss for me after having seen a gain last week. And the boy peeked over my shoulder and goes "3lbs to go? Remember when you thought it was impossible?" And he was right, when I started, I chose to commit 1 week for every pound I wanted to lose, no matter what the scale said, but I NEVER thought it was possible for me to be this size. I come from a large family also, and always thought genetics was holding me back too. But I don't think that is true. You may have a larger bone structure than others your height, but I don't think that really will hold you back.

You can totally do this.
  • travelprincess
    Options
    You know, my boyfriend reminded me of something today.

Saturdays are my weigh ins- I was 138, it was a HUGE loss for me after having seen a gain last week. And the boy peeked over my shoulder and goes "3lbs to go? Remember when you thought it was impossible?" And he was right, when I started, I chose to commit 1 week for every pound I wanted to lose, no matter what the scale said, but I NEVER thought it was possible for me to be this size. I come from a large family also, and always thought genetics was holding me back too. But I don't think that is true. You may have a larger bone structure than others your height, but I don't think that really will hold you back.

You can totally do this.

Thank you so much! Actually all of my brothers and sisters are at least 5'7, my baby sis is 6', and I am 5'3". My mothers side are very petite and my fathers larger.
    I started my journey BECAUSE I don't want to end up like my father. He is in a wheelchair because he lost his leg to diabetes and can barely see because of it and he is only 65.