Hello Everyone !

Options
Hi !
My name is Ana and I'm a little shy but I am finally starting a REAL commitment on trying to get healthy I'm so out of shape :( Its a tad bit depressing but I'm sure there are many of you who have once felt this way so hopefully I can get some support on my Weight loss journey.

So I recently bought a Wii system and Bought the Zumba fitness game and its pretty cool I like it ALOT Im hoping this will give me the break i've been looking for in weight loss ( even tho i work 12 hour shift at the local hospital ) I do alot of walking and Ive changed my diet but i cant seem to be seeing a difference so Im taking a different approach and Hopefully this works !

Well, I just wanted to tell you guys a little about my " Plan " Lol

:)

-Ana

Replies

• Nomoregut
    Nomoregut Posts: 39
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!! This is the place to come for support. Have a bless day
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful site : )

2639362.png
  • AnaBellaMarieXo
    Options
    Thnx !
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will find lots of support and friends here! :smile:
  • YolondaNicole
    Options
    Hi Ana! Like you, I've incorporated the Wii Zumba into my exercise regime. . . I also go to live classes, too, since it's great to do Zumba in large groups. I love it! Also, if you can, I recommend Just Dance 2 and Michael Jackson-The Experience. All of them will get you moving. I used to work Critical Care as a nurse and was on my feet for a good bit of my 12 hr shift. I'm not sure, but I think the stress of the job counteracted any type of health benefit of walking the halls and pushing beds. Oh, but once I got an office job and kept on eating like a night shifter, the pounds came ON and so did the fatigue. I've been tracking my diet for a little over a week with MFP and I think things are starting to move in the right direction. Diet and lifestyle modifications are key and this support system, I think will help us accomplish our goals. Good luck and I would love to hear of your progress. :smile:

-Yolonda
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Ana,
    Sounds like you are off to a great start. Before I was on mfp I walked three times a week and changed my diet. I lost about 11 lbs. just doing that. This site is really helpful. Good luck on your weight loss I am sure you will have great results. Feel free to add me as a friend. There are lots of nice people who are in the same position as you counting me as one. I recently was at my heaviest weight at the beginning of this year. I finally am down 29lbs. and it does take a lot of determination but your hard work will pay off. i think that counting calories is the way to go, you become more aware of what you are eating and work harder to get rid of the extra empty calories. I used to just eat chocolate when I was hungry and I am looking at more healthier things and I really do attribute it to being part of mfp. You think about the other people who are watching you succeed and it gives you the extra nudge in the right direction.
    Welcome:)
    cafeteria girl
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    welcome :) this is a great place to be. Lots of support and fun challenges. I will add you as a friend and we can motivate eachother.
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this too so hopefully we can both stick with it and get results!