HCG diet

Options
Is wondering if anyone else out there is doing HCG?

Replies

• chanel5_1987
    Options
    lol, I was just about to type in this question. Sure am!
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have done some research on it and its extremely expensive, and it can't be good for you.
    You have to maintain 500 to 700 calories a day and no intense working out? Its not right.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I have done some research on it and its extremely expensive, and it can't be good for you.
    You have to maintain 500 to 700 calories a day and no intense working out? Its not right.
    Totally agree with Kari! Can we just flush the fad diet along with all those crazy OTC "diet pills"??? This is your life! This is your health! This is learning to eat "right and healthy" for the rest of your life....
    OK>>>I'll get off the soap box :angry: .....but please dear one's don't fall for the crap out there!
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    The HCG protocol is not expensive at all! Im on my second round now. It is not dangerous and has no side effects. However, without reading the original manuscript you would not be able to understant how it works, why it works or why it's not harmful
  • rpatterson5
    Options
    :happy: I am currently on HCG and it's awesome! Not that expensive LocalHCG.com if you buy it in couples it's $65 each person. I have lost a total of 21lbs in 31 days..due to a few cheats. The people on fb group of local Hcg are awesome! Couldn't have done this well without them. The 1st week is rough but after that its kinda crazy you don't want all the crap foods and when you do cheat your body feels like doo doo! I started at 181 and am down to 160 =) Loving this cause good ole D & E weren't working for me. I've never HAD to lose before so 4lbs in 8 weeks was really frustrating for me. I was working out 5-6 days a week and staying under 1200 calories, eating healthy and my Dr tested my thyroid and everything else under the sun and just plain said my metabolism has come to a hault. That's not acceptable to me so I am resetting my metabolism through the HCG process and losing weight! LOVE IT!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I say to each his/her own!!! There is a very supportive group going on under the Motivation/Support board!!!!
  • rpatterson5
    Options
    Chanel, Join our support group on Local HCG on fb! Awesome people there!
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    You have to read the manuscript for yourself before judging it otherwise you won't understand it. It's def not a fad and has been around for over 50 years. There is a rather large community of women and men who do this diet and it DOES teach you WAYYYY better eating habits and gets you on track big time. It also takes a lot of self control, discipline, determination and dedication
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    Ooooh, can you send me a link for the group?
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    You have to read the manuscript for yourself before judging it otherwise you won't understand it. It's def not a fad and has been around for over 50 years. There is a rather large community of women and men who do this diet and it DOES teach you WAYYYY better eating habits and gets you on track big time. It also takes a lot of self control, discipline, determination and dedication
    Sorry :ohwell: I stand corrected and don't mean to be critical of anyone's choices.....
    I have just seen the horrible effects of diet pills on people who had NO business taking them in the first place and I guess I just lump everything together.
    Much Luck! :drinker:
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    Girl, I have been shocked seeing people charging 100's and even over $1000 to do HCG at clinics. I got mine from alldaychemist.com for $14/Ovidac and recently found a GREAT site...researchsupply.net where I was able to get the items I needed for my kit at a price that was UNBEATABLE
  • chanel5_1987
    Options
    No worries! Im in love with this protocol and really when you read what Dr. Simeons wrote about it soooo many years ago, it can leave you in awe. Check out the MANY videos on youtube and that will shock you too. LOL, my favs right now are Runkman44 and the HCGbesties
  • rpatterson5
    Options
    localhcg@groups.facebook.com
  • vhuber
    Options
    You girls may join the HCG thread under support/motivation ! They are more than friendly and welcoming!!!
  • audra0923
    audra0923 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    I am doing the HGC with really good results so far and doing great! However, I have done so much reading / research on this diet, my mind is getting boggled!! I have a (2) questions for you all that I need an answer, please!!
    1. The protocol says to eat 100g or 3.5 oz of the approved list of meat (lean beef, fish, chicken, etc..) However, If you eat, say, fish and chicken in one day of the allowed amount along with your allowed amount of veggies, fruit and melba toast... alot of times that doesn't add up to 500 calories.... What are we supposed to have more of to get your calories to that amount. (i,e. should I add more protein or veggies)
    2. Please give me the correct details on the steak day and apple day to break a plateau.

Thanks so much in advance for the advice!!!!!
  • darrob06
    darrob06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also am on the hcg diet and LOVE IT!!!!! I feel great!!! I have nothing negative to say about the protocol.
  • ttaylor626
    ttaylor626 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Audra0923 - I have that very same question. I have been increasing my veggie amount, but I am not sure if that is the correct answer.
    Right now I am in R1P2VLCD7 and I have lost a total of 7.8 lbs, so I think it is working increasing the veggies to get to 500 calories. Although I have yet to actually eat 400 calories. One day I was even as low as 362 calories.\

ALL- I have a question for everyone. What the heck are we supposed to do for Easter??? I am hosting Easter dinner at my house and I have no idea how I am going to be able to stick to the protocol!! HELP??!?!?!?! ALL suggestions, ideas, advice are welcome!!

I signed up for this site to be able to track my food intake. I love the food log on here!!

I am so glad their is a support group on here. I love the support groub on Face Book, but I cannot access FB from work.
    I hope to be support for others and to find support from others on this site.

When I ordered my HCG drops I decided to start a blog to help me stay accountable, feel free to check it out:
    http://triciataylor626.blogspot.com/
  • vhuber
    Options
    You girls may join the HCG thread under support/motivation ! They are more than friendly and welcoming!!!
    Please!!! For all of your questions go to the HCG thread that has been going on for OVER a year, they will answer and encourage you! Honest, I swear to ya!!!!