Support for a 21 female whom lost 80lbs, and working to lose

Options
In the last 2 years, I lost about 80lbs and am now at 5'8 155lbs. I would love love love to be at 135. I am currently trying to keep my diet on track with a low carb diet (which works wonders!!!)
I am in need of suppport to lose the last 20, and stay on the low carb diet and steer clear of the fatty sugary foods!!
Anyone have supporting tips to stay off the bad foods when i'm out and about with friends? It's by biggest downfall when I go out when everyone is eating and drinking..... :(

Replies

• kirstinkrueger
    Options
    depending on the "bad food" just moderation. I go to all these parties all the time that have snacks out and its tempting to munch all night. Don't. have a handful and walk away :) you dont have to cut out all the bad stuff all the time, just cut out how much of it.

And not be seem like a creeper but i was just talking about how i am 5'9 and my bmi says i should be 130-165lbs and that just seems so tiny to me, would you mind posting a picture, since you are 5'8 and at the goal weight I want to be at it?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have also lost 80 pounds.... I want to get to 128. It will be 100 pounds lost.

2639362.png
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hmmm congrats on all the weight loss so far first of all. I think the biggest thing is just to remember how far you have come with everything and your diet. There is nothing wrong with have a cheat every now and then just don't go overboard and you should do great. Are you working out a lot too in addition to your low carb diet?
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I have also lost 80 pounds.... I want to get to 128. It will be 100 pounds lost.

great job!!
  • NJRizvi
    NJRizvi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey wow, you've done amaaazing so far!! Good for you!

Going out with friends is definitely one of the hardest times to stay on track. One thing I try to do is if I know where we are going for dinner, lunch, etc. I just check out the menu online beforehand. That way, I can plan for a low-cal meal and decide exactly what I can afford in terms of a drink, meal, dessert, etc. Once I've made a decision I stick to it - that is the key. Of course this wouldn't work if you don't know where you are going to end up for the night.
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    WebMD has an article called "Low-Calorie Cocktails", which may help you when you go out with friends. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links on here. Doing a seach on their website should get you to the article. There's a lot of interesting info, including:

So just how many calories are in your favorite cocktail? These calorie counts for popular alcoholic drinks are approximate, based on popular recipes, but may vary depending on ingredients and portions.

Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    Margarita (8 oz): 280
    Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    Port wine (3 oz):128
    Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    Red wine (5 oz):120
    White wine (5 oz): 120
    Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on that weight loss, that is so amazing and admirable! I'm 21 as well looking to loose 10-20, add me if you'd like and we can motivate each other. :)
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    vodka and diet sprite 100 :) my fav!

You're looking at roughly 100 calories per shot (1.5 fluid ounces) for the drink, all of which come from the vodka. Diet drinks have zero calories.

Incidentally, most normal 80 proof (40% alcohol) spirits have approximately 100 calories per shot. The calories come from the alcohol itself, so there's no way to make rum or gin or vodka less caloric without reducing their potency.
  • caimmel65
    caimmel65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Okay I uploaded a pic to my profile (i think...) Its the only full body shot pic I have of myself recently..