MY FIRST TORNADO

Options
2»

Replies

• healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Glad to hear your guys are alright. Tornadoes are super scary! Glad everyone is okay.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are ok with that! I have lost everything I have ever owned to one of those. I've been inside of one. Yes, I do mean flying around in the air. Not something I ever want to do again. Just so you know, house trailers cannot withstand an F4 tornado. Me and my family barely made it alive. I wish I still had those pictures to show what was left! Well, there wasn't anything left. But anyways, if you need to talk to someone who has been in a similar situation, just let me know.
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    Yeah so i was watching the funnel clouds forming near our house and then the lightening hit the tree across the street. it then got dead silent and BAM it went crazy and blew open a window in my sons room where he was sleeping so he woke up screaming! I freaked out , slammed the window closed, and took my son and the 5 dogs into the bathroom and hid. A tornado touched down only a few blocks away. My crazy hubby pretty much drove through it to get home to us (i love him but he's a dummy sometimes)! Im still shaking. And we are still on tornado watch till 9 pm ahhhhhhhhhhhh

thank god we are are ok and so far there are no reports of any big damage or injuries (we live in the boonies) but VA and NC are in a crazy fight with mother nature! keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers!

I am in North Carolina and it was awful here today. We finally got our power back and all watches are called off. Hope all is well up there and you and your family are safe
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are ok with that! I have lost everything I have ever owned to one of those. I've been inside of one. Yes, I do mean flying around in the air. Not something I ever want to do again. Just so you know, house trailers cannot withstand an F4 tornado. Me and my family barely made it alive. I wish I still had those pictures to show what was left! Well, there wasn't anything left. But anyways, if you need to talk to someone who has been in a similar situation, just let me know.

WOW! I couldn't imagine! i am so glad to hear you guys were ok! Tornadoes and house fires are the two real fears i have. how scary!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thank God yall are ok. We are in Va in the historic triangle area. My friend was getting her kids in the car when a tornado came up and part of a house hit their car. Somehow they are ok.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Sorry to hear you went through this tonight. I also live in Tornado territory (Alabama) and we were under warning/watches from 12 PM yesterday until 9PM last night. The county next to ours had SEVERAL touch down but none made it to us. I have lived here most of my life and you never get "used" to them. First thing I told DH when we built our house is I wanted a storm pit or at least a basement..I got the basement. It was really strange coming back to this area after living in Atlanta for 8 years without a single tornado and here we get at least 3-4 per year within a 15 -20 mile radius from our house so I can't imagine how it must feel for someone who didn't grow up with it. These things are scary and so unpredictable so just stay safe and close to your child until this is all over tonight. Glad you all are safe and glad your "crazy" husband made it home safe.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Thank God yall are ok. We are in Va in the historic triangle area. My friend was getting her kids in the car when a tornado came up and part of a house hit their car. Somehow they are ok.

So glad she is ok!! i have to ask, im not from VA what is the historic triangle area? ha
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    Thank god you all are ok. Please be safe.
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I live in CT and they were talking about it on the news ! and showed some pic's of the twister. SO Happy you and your family are ok !!!
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow how scary for you and your family! So glad to hear evryone is ok. Sending my prayers. :flowerforyou: