Personal ? a little embarrased :/...

Options
I have 9lbs left to go until my prepregnancy weight YAY but i have a question... b4, during and a couple days after menstrual cycle, does ne one notice the scales dont go down ?? i have been losng 1.5 to 2 lbs a wk and have my menstrual cycle and scales still the same but yet its only been 6 days since last weigh in ?? ne replys would be appreciated thank u :)

Replies

• Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's pretty common as far as I've been able to tell. I never lose weight at that time of the month, I consider it great if I stay the same to be honest as I usually gain a couple of pounds. I also bloat a lot so gain inches too. I know a lot of others on here and on other weight loss sites have said they don't tend to lose around that time of the month.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    your bosy retains water to help the blood to fill your womb lining - when your menstruate and your lining shreds, the retained water has to work its way out of your body - its natural to feel bloated just ebfore you start your period, and part of that is water retention

i would say if you didnt feel like you do, then something is wrong - its your bodies way of preparing for the egg to implant
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Ya, most people avoid the scales during that time. :) it's pretty much guaranteed to be disappointing to climb on the scale and see a two or three lb gain. LOL You're not unusual by any means!
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    yep it's normal , take Angelica's advise and keep off the scales
  • cowgirllisa86
    cowgirllisa86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank u everyone who replied, i feel much relieved now, ill wait a full wk after and chk... thanks again ;0