Pizza Help

Options
When I go out for pizza and ask to go light on the cheese, about how many calories do you think that saves?

Replies

• aangrisani
    Options
    Probably not that much more. If you are going to eat pizza, have it the regular way. It doesn't necessarily have to be what you eat but how much of it you eat. Everything in moderation! Thats what I tell myself every now and again when I crave a slice!!
  • brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Or do like I do - make it at home!!! Check out my food diary for today. Pizza is my biggest weakness and its yummier and I know how much goes in to it. Also, so easy!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    not much!
  • lbritt5
    lbritt5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agee with aangrisani: Have what you want just plan ahead for it and eat in moderation!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Depends what else you get on pizza. I found when I have pizza I used to eat 2 slices of sausage (my fav) if not more. Now I have one sausage and the other cheese. Or I eat veggie pizza. Nothing wrong with eating pizza. Everything in moderation.
  • cmariegerber
    Options
    If you blot the top of your pizza with a paper napkin or paper towel, it's supposed to save 14% of the fat right off the top.
    I've tried this many times and it keeps restaurant style pizza looking so greasy to me. I don't know how true that is, but you can try it.
  • aangrisani
    Options
    If you blot the top of your pizza with a paper napkin or paper towel, it's supposed to save 14% of the fat right off the top.
    I've tried this many times and it keeps restaurant style pizza looking so greasy to me. I don't know how true that is, but you can try it.

That has to be true, if you think of it- you are wiping away some of the grease and fat. It couldnt hurt to try. Atleast it will make the pizza easier and less messy to eat!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    First of all, I never agree with with ignoring cravings completely ... so every once in a while if you really are having the pizza bug, go for it, but as many said, eat in moderation ...

HOWEVER ... if you cook ... what I would do if you really like pizza, is buy some whole wheat pizza dough (I get mine from trader joes), roll/toss it really thin and grill it (super yummy!) or bake it (super high heat) with some fresh sauce, toppings, and controlled cheese ... some of that low-fat or fat-free cheese has more garbage in it than anything so I often go for real cheese, just less of it ... anyway, a thin crust grilled pizza with fresh veggies/toppings and a reasonable amount of cheese will surely satisfy your craving and not blow your calories out of the water (not to mention the sodium!)

Enjoy.

A fellow pizza-holic ;) ... well, dunno if you are but I am! lol
    ~Matt