I need to STOP!

Options
About two weeks ago I went over my calories! I have been going over by either a little or a crap ton since! Everyday I start over, and everyday I somehow manage to find myself eating the wrong things or two much. This sucks in so many ways! I want to blame my husband, but its my fault, and lack of willpower. I haven't lose or gained any weight during these two weeks!

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods are you eating? Maybe you could cut some of the out and replace them with something lighter, with less calories?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    It is hard to get back on track, but you can do it! Keep pic's of how you want to look or something that will motivate you into just passing on things. It gets easier...the longer you do it. I have made bad choices, and had to STOP and get back on track.

2639362.png
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What I do is force myself to go to the gym and work out. Once I have done that, I don't want to "ruin" all of that hard work by eating too much.
    On the flip side, if I don't have enough calories for dinner, I walk on the treadmill until it adds up to what I need - or outside. The other day, I was 200 calories short of a grilled southwest chicken salad from Mc Donalds, so I walked there to get it - problem solved!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Maybe aim to do exercise to burn more calories to cover the excess eating ...
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    eat foods high in fiber. they fill you up better than foods with little or no fiber. should help curb your consumption.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    pre-log it all in, and then if you're going over, work out more!

keep water on hand as well. gum is immensely helpful as well.
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    pre plan all of your meals keep everything easy and on hand. have snacks fruits and veggies already cut up and put in single serving containers so you can just grab them.
  • oxyjenic
    oxyjenic Posts: 18
    Options
    For most of us, dieting isn't going to stop when we reach a certain goal weight. We're going to have to struggle forever to maintain and not gain it back. Look at these 2 weeks as something that's going to happen once in awhile and give yourself credit for not having gained weight. Tell yourself that you needed a couple of weeks of going over calories and that it doesn't make you a weak person. It makes you normal! Then tell yourself that since you've had a couple of weeks with some splurges, now you're ready to be careful again. Kicking ourselves for "not having any willpower" is sometimes the exact demon that makes us give up altogether. Think of how much you've already lost and how much better that's made you feel. Don't let the 2 weeks define you as the dieter. Remember all the weeks you've done well and how strong you've been. After a couple of months, you might have another week like the past week and that's going to be ok because you're in this for the long haul and you're not going to let it keep you down for long! :)
  • rachelnally
    rachelnally Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational...I love your prospective, that I am only human and two weeks does not define me!