Hey I'm new to this, just wanted to say hi and ask a few que

Options
Hi I'm Jane I just found this site today and I'm glad I did. I'm 130lbs and I want to get down to 110 because at 5'3 130 makes me feel huge. Anyone have any tips for me? Im great at starting diets but I usually have trouble sticking to them. I'd love to hear from anyone who's gotten results from using this site or anyone new too!

Replies

• mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Hey Jane! I have similar goals. I'm 21, started off at 128, currently 122, and hoping to get down to 110-115. Feel free to add me!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Take it slow...so you can stay with it. make changes you can live with. Keep your calories around 1200 and exercise as much as you can....drink water, & watch the sodium and you will lose weight.

2639362.png
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Take it slow...so you can stay with it. make changes you can live with. Keep your calories around 1200 and exercise as much as you can....drink water, & watch the sodium and you will lose weight.

Great advice!

Here my two things:

- Have regular snacks to curb your hunger (I eat about 4-5 baby carrots an hour)
    - Stay motivated! Which is harder and people usually need help with this. Don't be afraid to add people as friends including myself.

Good luck!
  • jlav3
    jlav3 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there! I'm pretty new to this too. There are two things that have helped me. One - this site has helped me be realistic. It tells me at the end of a day completed "If everyday were like today, you would weigh xxxx in 5 weeks". That has kept me from giving up when 10 lbs don't come off instantly. Two - Starving myself hurts more than helps. It slows my body down and I either plateau or even end up putting a couple of lbs back on! I have to eat 1200 calories of well balanced foods at a mimimum daily - Period. By making decent choices with those calories, I can pretty much eat every 2-3 hours and I'm rarely hungry.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    tips: set small goals (like 127, 120, 114, 110). that way you'll keep your eyes on the next goal. basically, set realistic goals and then crush them. maybe promise yourself something for each goal attained (not food. something else like a manicure or facial or something you enjoy doing....don't reward yourself unless you hit the goal though. you want to get into your subconscious that achieving goals are rewarded while not achieving them is not rewarded).

it isn't a sprint, it is a marathon. 20 lbs for someone as small as you is going to take some time. don't worry about losing all the weight in a week. you should be able to lose it in 4 months, remember that.

raise your heart rate at least 30 minutes a day. don't just do this for weight loss but also for overall cardiovascular health. if you don't like to walk or run, play racquetball or tennis or soccer or whatever is fun for you).

drink a lot of water. like 3/4 gallon a day.

measure your food. don't just guess how much a serving is, actually weigh it. you might want to pick up a kitchen scale so you know just what you are putting in your body.

watch your sugar and sodium.
  • Leahcutie
    Leahcutie Posts: 24
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have very similar goals, though I am 5'1. I am setting small, obtainable goals. I've found the smaller you are, the tougher it seems to be to lose - our bodies fight it more. Hang in there.
  • alicia826
    alicia826 Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome! Looking to lose 60 total myself! I think a great way to start is to find foods that you love that will fit in your calorie/health goals, then find fun, heart pumping exercises to compliment the food! :)

Good luck and glad you joined! :)