scale issues

Options
I've been tracking calories since last year and just today got fed up with lose it so here I am!

my issue is this.

I used to track my weight on my wii ft. Today my husband asked why I wasn't using our digital scale and so today I tried both, back to back. There is a 10lb difference? The digital scale says 180, wii says 170. Does it matter that the wii has a case on it, or that it is on carpet?

I am more interested in being healthy than losing pounds, but I've struggled to get below 175 for months and today was almost a great day.

thanks for advice,

Denise

Replies

• Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself on carpet is going to affect the accuracy of your reading.
  • Sugar5593
    Sugar5593 Posts: 22
    Options
    I would imagin that if u put a regular scale on the carpet it wouldnt be right... So a wii fit i would think..... Even tho its made for stuff like that if..... That it could be a little off
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Don't be preoccupied by how much you actually weight, but by how much weight you have lost. And yes the weight on the carpet is going to be different then on the hard word floor.
  • geetarGayle
    Options
    pick a scale, use only one scale. The only accurate ones are the Dr office ones with sliding weights
  • crusinforlosin
    Options
    Try weighing your self on hard floor, and in the same place every time. Even if it's on hard floor, and i move the scale I can gain/lose
    So hard floor, same spot each time for the most accurate results
    plus I dont have an electronic, I have the non battery one. I feel they're more accurate, just harder to read.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself on carpet is going to affect the accuracy of your reading.

Yeah, I found this out with my digital bathroom scale. You should always weigh yourself on solid, non-cushy ground. It also sometimes mattered how I stood on the scale so occasionally I'll weigh myself a few times to check that the number is right rather than me standing funny.
  • neesalena
    Options
    thanks for all the advice, guys! sorry for my late reply, life keeps me busy.

My wii does match with my other scale if I put it on the hard floor.

Sad Face.

On the other hand, I weighed in at the health place on base and they have the super fancy scale where I found out I have actually lost 5lbs compared to both scales in my house and all my other stats are improving too. Overall, good news although I actually haven't lost more than a pound since I was last there (first week of March.) This is related to me not actually working out.