Hello every one

Options
Just wanted to see how everyone did today. I didnt fair to well, it was very difficult to say no however, i did controll the portions so i suppose that is a step in the right direction! I am feeling really lost when it comes to doing this the right way, I know its mostly about calories in and calories out, but isnt there more to it? Any who just thought i would blot my thinking hope every one reading this is doing well...Thanks for reading.

Replies

• CindyN58
    CindyN58 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Jex, Eating smaller portions is a big step in the right direction. You have to remember you have only just started and sometimes that might be a little intimidating. Hang in there. Remember to drink your water and get a bit of exercise everyday just to make yourself feel good. It might just be a walk to get some air. Be kind to yourself and know we are all here with you trying to make our goals.
  • urbanruralmomma
    Options
    Hi Jex,

I've tried a few different things to loose weight - low carb, Weight Watchers. But MFP has been a key for me - a tool to track my calories (in) and exercise (out) - and yes, that's really all there is to it. The other keys would include actually exercising (find what you LIKE to do) and moving some weights - and taking PRIDE in the things I do well. Seems we women often kick ourselves rather hard and rather mercilessly.

I spent too many years not being ready to loose weight - too busy, too lazy, too complacent. For some reason over the last 6 months, all the stars aligned giving me the time, and will to take some of this poundage off.

Hope the stars are aligning for you!
  • urbanruralmomma
    Options
    Be kind to yourself

I totally agree with this!
  • Jex_7
    Jex_7 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you guys for the kind comments! I agree that its time to be nicer to myself inside and out! I've wasted to much time doing the other, It will get better! At least I hope :-)
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    buy a food scale will help you to see how the portions look and after a few hundred times you can just do it by sight.

buy frozen meals, I like Weight Watchers Smartonce meals, I eat them for lunch 4 out of 5 days a week, at $1.80 a meal you cant beat it and you know exactly how many calories you eat for lunch.

buy you fruit at Sam's Club or Costco, big bags of great fruit.

try not to stay in the house on you days off, you will sit there and watch TV get lazy and eat everything in the house.

Run run run!!

drink at least 2 liters of water a day, the more the better.

if you have to eat out, eat the lesser of the evil, like my fav pizza is Mr.Jim's pizza 500 cals. a slice BAD!! now I just go to Cici's pizza and pick up a few pies 130-140 a slice much better.

good luck!! Eric :)