4"11 - 5 footers =) 100 pounds to lose

Options
I'm 4'11 and started at 214... I would like to be between 120-110. Does anyone have progress pics or success stories with a similar situations? I would love the inspiration <3

Replies

• MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started out around 208-210 and I am about 192 right now. GW is 130ish.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and have lost 111 ... The journey never ends - BUT IT IS SO WORTH THE BATTLE lady! Hang in there and draw strength & support from your friends at MFP!!!! You can do it!!!
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I really need to scan my before pics on here. But I am only 5'2-5'3 depending on the day and I started at 165 was my highest weight and am now down to 115. Its hard for us shorties because 5lbs looks like 10. Good luck with your journey. You can totally do it. Just dont get discouraged and give up cause there will always be bad days but as long as you keep focus on what you want. You will get there.
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall, i started at 204lbs, and I'm down to 144 now. I too would like to be right around 125, so I've got another 20 or so to go. It has definitely become more difficult as I get closer to goal. But it can be done :flowerforyou:
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    Hey! 5'1 and started at 230 lbs. I'm so glad you started this topic :) Seems like all the success stories I read are from women that are quiet a bit taller than me. My goal is 130-135 since I have a lot of muscle on my frame. Good luck! I know we can all get there with determination and by helping each other along!
  • cmariegerber
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and 146 lbs. Trying to loose enough to get my high blood pressure under control.

Doesn't being this small make weight loss more challenging?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I'm taller--5'3"-- but you can check out my Before After Pictures if it will help.:happy:
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    So nice to hear from others near my height, I'm 4' 11'' and started this journey at 96kg (211 lbs) my gw is 55kg (110lbs).
    I've lost 42lbs so far but have hit an annoying plateau, so ticked off sitting at this weight for the past 2 weeks. Only to realise that I kinda did this to myself by not eating enough bleah! So I'm trying to eat my cals and maintain 6 days a week gym.
    I agree with 'cavegirl2002', so unfair lol.
    Good luck to everyone, remember good things come in small packages and soon the small packages will knock your socks off looking awesome!!
  • rachivie
    rachivie Posts: 11
    Options
    thank you everyone! Sometimes I think I am the only short one out there on mfp...hehe this is what I call community =)
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and my start weight was 279lbs. I have lost 50lbs so far and want to lose at least 50 more.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet .5 inches. I started at 240 and currently at 153. I think I could be happy at 135-140 - I will re-evaluate when I get there. I would really like to be in the 120s, but I think it could be out of reach for me. I do like to eat. I have a before and current photo collage on my profile if you want to look.
  • strawberry4377
    strawberry4377 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im 4'11. When I started I weight 126 lbs. (Started this journey Feb. 2) I now weight 109 lbs. (9 lbs. more to go).
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    I am 5" and have lost 100lbs in 2 years. I have a before and after thread called 100lbs GONE!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", and I started out at 194, and I am down to 159.4 (35 lbs lost). I still have atleast 20 lbs to lose, and it is getting harder the closer that I get to my goal. I am determined though. It is a slow process, just don't give up. Slow and steady is the way to go. Others can do it, so I am determined to do it myself.
  • mithwiz
    mithwiz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and started at 218. I'm at 185 now and my goal is 118 lbs (100 lb loss) so I'm about a third of the way there! :o) It's great hearing and seeing pics of other "petites". I have before and after pictures on my profile. Feel free to add me!
    I've only been doing MFP for 3 weeks and have lost 5 lbs. I lost the other pounds last year on a low carb diet and working out at Curves. After getting off the low carb diet for a season (traveling all summer), it was very hard to restart it. I'm so excited this is working and feel so free being able to eat a variety of foods. I eat out way too much, so that's my next goal...eating healthier. I could live on sugar, unfortunately. :o)
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and went from 200 to 114:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/205586-i-surpassed-my-goal-pics

You can do it!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I dont look at it as we're short so 10 pounds overweight makes a huge difference. I look at it like we're short so 10 lbs LOST makes a huge difference. Much bigger difference on me than my 5'7 sister in law.
  • dazaliah
    dazaliah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2" and agree with BFLSaberfan! I've only lost 2 lbs. so far and have about 51 more to go but my hubby said he can already tell! We can do this! I too lost before with a low carb diet. Unfortunately, the weight came right back when I was pregnant. It's just not realistic or healthy to eat that way. I'm loving my new food budget! :) We should start a shorty group!
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. I think I'm starting to shrink already. I'm only 29! WtF! haha.. I've always been pretty thin my entire life. In highschool I was like 113-119. In College I was 120-127. After I met my fiance' we a got a little comfy with eachother, I got less active and started nightshift as a nurse.. I gained 40lbs. ug! gross. I felt fat. I hate my muffin top and my boob were freakin GINORMOUS! I've never ever gone on a diet before. I don't think its right to just stop eating carbs, especially fruit. People say to eat food for fuel and not for pleasure. I enjoy food. I do and I'm not going to let eating becoming a chore for me. Fruit is natural, why would I stop eating it? Its not empty calories like soda. Anyways, MFP really does work. It sucked when I first started because I was allowed only 1200 calories.. pretty much for whatever weight amount I wanted to lose each week (.5lbs, 1lbs, 2lbs) , I got my TALL coworker to join and she weighs a lot more than me and she was allowed so many calories! but.. I'm around 130lbs?!?! now and I'm so thankfully I just stuck with it. Its frustrating because the more you lose, the harder you have to work to lose more. I took like 2 months off to let my body just get used to "its new weight"... kinda hoping to trick it. I started up again and I haven't weighed myself yet. My scale actually broke ( and not because my fat *kitten* stood on the scale =)haha) I'm waiting for my wedding dress to come in... hopefully at the end of April. I told myself that I ahve to eat really good and exercise really hard and when my dress comes in I'm going to buy another scale and then weigh myself. ITS KILLING ME! ha. I know I've lost a little more becuase my clothes are way too loose and my stomach looks smaller. I just want to see the number on the scale!!!

My advice.
    1. STICK TO IT! its tough but it works.
    2. there is no special pill. you didn't need a pill to get fat. YOU DON"T need a pill to get skinny
    3. aim for a slow weight loss... you have a higher chance of keeping it off
    4. reward yourself. one lb loss is one lb lost! its not a huge amount but eventually those one pounds add up to 30lbs, 40lbs.
    5. allow yourself cheat days or atleast a cheat snack. I eat icecream almost everyday...and not the yogurt **** either. realy icecream! my one weakness I fefuse to give up.. even if my life depended on it!
    6. buy new clothes as you lose weight. don't spend a ton of money on them. go to the thrift store. its really hard to see your progress when you are wearing big, baggy, frumpy clothes.
    7. Weigh yourself everyday, BUT don't freakout about the number. give yourself a 5lbs limit. your weight will flucutate. give or take 5lbs and you are doing great. if you have something salty the night before you will most likely weigh more the next day... don't beat yourself up over it!

I just think about how cute all of us shorties will be when we are 80. Good luck to all of you.
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Here are some progress photos. I don't really have any really good ones. boo

here is my "got too comfy with my boyfriend and ate everything in site/nightshift/BOY I let myself go" photo. I was 157lbs:

fat.jpg

this is from this past Christmas (2010). I lost a little weight here. I was probally 141ish???

andyandalchristmas10.jpg

This is from this past weekend. my clothes are a little baggy... I buy small clothes and then they get too big =) the last known weight I was 134lbs. I think I've lost a little more though... hopefully!!!
    random002.jpg
    z.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!