What do you do when you feel yourself slipping?

Options
It's getting down to finals week here in college land, and it's getting harder and harder to remember to log calories/take the time to eat right/go to the gym. On top of that, I've been feeling kind of blue and stressed, so I don't want to log the calories because I feel like it will just depress me even more/I just don't remember.

How do you guys stay on track?

Replies

• Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    One thing I've been doing lately is after preparing my meals for the week, I log everything in at that time. That makes it easy for me to stay on track because if I eat what is already logged then I won't go over or eat something I shouldn't. Good luck.
    shine
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    I ask my accountability friends to hold me accountable. YOU HAVE TO LET THEM DO IT TOO! So keep that in mind. Hang in there & draw support from encouraging people in your life and your friends on MFP!
    :wink:
  • newmercy4me
    Options
    One thing I've been doing lately is after preparing my meals for the week, I log everything in at that time. That makes it easy for me to stay on track because if I eat what is already logged then I won't go over or eat something I shouldn't. Good luck.
    shine

This is great advice sometimes its easier to go back and tweek something rather then write something from scratch - write out a plan and go for it!!!
  • Stephb4
    Stephb4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You need to keep up the diary, if you feel bummed enough not to log your food, then you will probably make poor choices and feel bad about yourself and that's the start to the downfall of most diets.... Keep on staying on track, at least if you log your foods you will retain your mental focus on yourself. Besides that, it's ok to have a bad day here and there, just stay on track for the target.
  • newmercy4me
    Options
    We had an intern president my senior year of college and everyday he would remind us to "Finish Strong!" Life gets busy and we all have blue days, but we have to do what we have to do. Put up some encouraging words by your desk on your laptop or whatever and ask your friends or roomate to help you finish the semester with strength. You will hear it a million times that life gets even faster when you graduate and I know that is totally impossible to understand - but stay commited - you can do it!!!!
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I plan and log my food at the beginning of the day, and change it if I end up eating more or less at the end of the day.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You need to log your food...even if you don't want anyone else to see it. I see pic's of me before, and it keeps me going. I really want to hit my goal.

2639362.png
  • newmercy4me
    Options
    Also when you are getting stressed and overwhelmed go take a walk - it doesn't need to be for hours or even time at the gym a quick brisk walk will give you just a few min to recollect your thoughts, get away from your desk, and simply help you feel better.
  • Kassondrab
    Options
    My advice would be to log even if you have a bad day/week/month. Its motivating to do better tomorrow and it reminds you that when you log you'll want to see good results not crappy ones. Thats how I look at it at least. I know how you feel though. Sometimes I won't log for a couple days because i know it'll make me feel bad but i try to keep this outlook on it. Hope this helps a bit
    ^_^
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My friends on MFP are always so motivating and want to see me succeed. They are a BIG part in helping me staying on track with my health and weight loss goals. :)