Drinking 1 glass of milk when 1st waking up?

Options
Nekoashi
Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
I was once told that if you're trying to lose weight that it helps to drink a full glass of milk or water right when you're waking up so it helps aid your digestion throughout the day. Has anyone tried this before? Are there any tips of eating or drinking before going to sleep as well?

Thanks!
~Cheryl

Replies

• kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i heard something along the same lines. But it was just for water.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    http://bodyvitamin.net/benefits-of-drinking-milk-in-the-morning.html

^ found this... as well as other articles about it on google.

I like to eat food in the morning, so I probably wouldn't use my calories on a glass of milk. BUT if you're not a morning food person, then this might for out for you!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    We all need at least 8 glasses of water per day. I think that drinking a glass in the morning is just a way of starting the day with a head start. By the time you eat breakfast you already have one or two glasses of water while everyone else is at zero.

Milk also helps. It helps the body rid itself of fat. Don't drink to much. Organic milk is only 130 calories per serving. I also read a post on here that almond milk is only 100 calories per serving.

Good luck.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I workout when I first get up...and wouldn't want to drink milk & then workout. I do drink water : )

2639362.png
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I usually try to drink a glass of water when I wake up before breakfast or coffee. Like someone else said, milk is probably good if you are not going to eat breakfast for a while or at all. I prefer water when I wake up because I LOVE breakfast foods.
  • missmerchandise
    missmerchandise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've heard milk is really bad for digestion actually, its something humans should avoid...all dairy in general. so i'd stick to water in the morning. i've heard water is definitely great to drink right when you wake up. I have done it too and it definitely aids in digestion...just make sure its room temperature or luke warm water and not cold.
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Water ! Yep it;s good 1st thing in the morning. Although it takes eewww
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I'll be sure to try this! I never manage to drink enough water throughout the day, this might be the head start I've needed. I often times don't eat breakfast, I might consider the milk for those mornings, though I don't wanna take in extra calories
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    We all need at least 8 glasses of water per day.

I went to a nutritionist a while back and she disagreed. She said 1 glass of water for every 25 lbs of body weight.

It just made sense to me, let's face it a 300 lb man (12 glasses) and a 95 lb woman (4 glasses) have different nutritional needs for everything else why not water?