Um...hello.

Options
Hi. I'm new to this site (just joined tonight, at the recommendation of my sister). I'm here because (like pretty much everyone else) I need to lose weight. I weight almost four hundred pounds, and I'm fairly young; because of my size, I've dealt with a lot of self-esteem issues, had trouble sleeping, etc. I want to lose weight to feel better about myself, to feel like I fit in my own skin; I've never felt like that, not my entire life. I want to set a good example for the kids I want to have someday, and I really want to learn healthy eating habits.

I've tried this sort of thing before; for a while, I used CalorieCount. But I just found it was too clunky to navigate, and on looking around this site I think it's much more personalized and streamlined, and I like that.

Um...I want to get down to about 160 or so pounds, as that's the "target weight" for someone of my build; I know that's going to be a long road, and I certainly don't expect that to happen overnight. I'd really like to lose between eighty and one hundred pounds by the end of the year. I think I can, if I motivate myself (and have others to motivate me!).

So...yeah, I guess that's it. I look forward to seeing what this site has to offer, and hope to make some friends who can help me along the way to this goal. Thanks for reading. :)

Replies

• afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyy sister! :) Now we just have to get our mom to join and we will have the whole family on board!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend :) I love being able to help motivate everyone else and get the same thing in return.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Right on! This is a great place to start. There is so much support! Best of luck!
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hello nice to meet you! I havnt been here long but find this site ise great go support. add me as a friend if you like.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Oh, and you are welcome to add me as a friend!
  • ToniRee
    ToniRee Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck. I'm sure you have the motivation to reach your goals! :-)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great, I have made some great friends here and it is a great place to get motivation and support! Good luck with your weight loss goals and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jamierizzo
    jamierizzo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You came to the right site. I think it's the best!! I've been on here about 2 weeks and I love it!! Having to record my meals and excercise really helps keep my eating under control. And it helps get my rear moving :laugh: I'm sure your going to love it too and everyone is so encourageing, it's amazing :happy: Glad your here :flowerforyou:
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey!!! :)
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This site is soooooooooooo helpful! If you have a smart phone you can download the app too so you always have the calorie counts at your fingers. At first it was hard for me and I flubbed a LOT, but I'm getting better the longer I stick with it.

You can do it! :smile:
  • atwellashleydawn
    Options
    hi its my first day to so i wrote a little bit about me under topic (newbie) feel free to drop over and hear my story as to why im here it's another journey for me that im not sure where it will lead me to yet but if u are to scared to start something u will never get no where and life will just keep on circling round and round while u sit like a lump on a log........We can do this!!!!!!!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love this site! my start weight was 274, my highest was 290. Been fat all my life even as a kid. Had my first baby at 36. It was a difficult pregnancy because of my weight. Baby was 6 weeks early and born with Spina Bifida. I had preclampsia and had to have an emergency c-section. A month later my Dad died from weight related health issues. Now I will lose weight to see my son grow up. I have no choice. Lost 11.5 pounds since March 11th. Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • Sugar5593
    Sugar5593 Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow i just looked at you profile and your not to far from me! Thats kinda cool... Im new here too and have gotten so much encouragement from just the last few days..... Its a great place to be!
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi!!!
    I have only been using mpf for 3 weeks, so fairly new. I am sure u will find the support u need on here and ur right the site is really use. Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me as a friend :happy: