112 pounds in 1 year

Options
2»

Replies

• kubanowb
    kubanowb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow - super great job! I need to lose a total of about 75 lbs. So this is really inspirational! And, please, do feel free to post some tips!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just ate extremely healthily, I limited myself to 1300 calories a day, I ate absolutely loads within that 1300 cals. A typical day for me is:

6am wakeup

Get to work at about 8.15

Eat some blueberries and goji berries in 50g of museli (I love the dorset cereal ones)

Mid morning I'd eat a banana, then maybe a yoghurt at about 1pm

I eat lunch pretty late so I go at about 3pm, I have something like a little chicken and rice I've cooked myself or some tuna salad or something along those lines

Dinner I tried to avoid carbs as much as possible although I did have small amounts of them, stirfry's are a big win!

You can eat whatever you like as long as you stay within 1300 cals NET (make sure you adjust if you even do the slightest bit of walking etc) Make sure you have your 1 day off a week as well, throughout my diet my body never knew what I was going to do next. And of course..the importance of water can never be understated on a diet, a minimum of 2 litres a day if not more if you exercise!
  • kubanowb
    kubanowb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! This is really in line with what I have been doing - so I will keep it up!
  • slay0r
    Options
    It's ok, keep it up and you'll feel great after!
  • Sabochan
    Sabochan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy and fit!

I completely understand how you felt/feel. Having always been the big one in class/family knocked my confidence around a lot. It's not a nice feeling, and to this day the scars are still there.

It's good to be healthy ^^
  • youknome
    youknome Posts: 63
    Options
    Wow, what a change. This has given me extra confidence to strive and work harder in the gym to lose weight =D
  • shellybra
    shellybra Posts: 21
    Options
    well done, you look great. But seriously can i ask, what were you doing in the first picture???? Too much to drink??? It's one for you scrap book...........:drinker: :laugh:

All your hard work has most definately paid off, keep it up.
  • slay0r
    Options
    Definately one for the scrapbook. Far too much alchohol!

Looks like I've made a few friends from here which is nice! :)
  • Joy_Grace
    Options
    I got a bit emotional reading your story.... Seriously well done, you look amazing!! High 5 ;) x
  • slay0r
    Options
    Thank you everyone, very nice words :) Even compliments from fellow Manc's. I do love this site!
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I read your story it really does inspire me to reach my goal of losing 100lbs in a year. I have always been the big girl not only at work but also in class. I hate going to class and having to look for a chair that I'm not going to suffocate in or have to worry about picking up with me when i try and get up (yes it has happened:( ). My turn around point was also when i went home to visit my family for spring break my mom asked if i wanted to get surgery because our insurance covered it. I had to go into a room and cry because I couldn't believe she told me that. It is nice to see it can be done with real hard work and dedication. funny thing is I was hesitant to work out today because well I'm feeling lazy lol but reading your story really makes me want to get up and do something. Hopefully I can ask you for tips or maybe the occasional picker upper when I'm not feeling up to it :) congratulations and your look great.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! Bet you're feeling great too!
  • kartunes
    kartunes Posts: 46
    Options
    Oh my that first picture got me a little scared :P
    But you look great now! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!