How many of you...

Options
give yourself a day where you don't enter in your calories on MFP?

I wanted to give myself a break, but actually not entering in my calories on purpose felt really weird for me.

I just wanted to know how many of you have done this. :)

Replies

• LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    Before MFP i used to write in a food diary so i have always recorded my food. It's a way i keep myself in check.
  • billmac
    billmac Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great stuff Leanne!
  • crazeness
    crazeness Posts: 91
    Options
    I can't not log my food. It has almost second nature and I agree it really keeps me on track when I log all my food.

Sometimes I won't eat something bad because I don't want to log it and see the amount of calories lol
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can't not log my food. It has almost second nature and I agree it really keeps me on track when I log all my food.

Sometimes I won't eat something bad because I don't want to log it and see the amount of calories lol

I totally agree!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options

I totally agree!

And me!
  • kel29
    kel29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi there . . since i started dieting 2 months ago I to have always kept a food diary . .I feel like it keeps me on track . . i started MFP a few days ago for motivational reasons really & checking calories on the go . . . it may feel nice at the time not keeping a diary but its so easy to slip back into old habits when you dont keep a diary . .Keeping a diary is what keeps me going !
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I would log even if you plan a 'cheat' day. It might spur you on to cheat less and make better choices, and you'll still be able to be accountable. If you find your weight loss stalling down the line you have an accurate diary to check back on and see where you're going wrong. A really bad cheat day could take your whole weeks deficit away and cause you to gain or stall, and at least you can see why!

I'm all for having cheats and treats, but I definitely log them! It just means i'm in the red for the day!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    before my nutritionist mentioned this place i used to log my food in a diary by hand with less success, now i have it on my BB and can do it mobile or at home
    good when out and about - makes you look at a cake and ask yourself can i afford the calories or not?
    often i say no whereas in the past it went in the diary and i did not realise the implications

so no reason to miss days download the app !

matt
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    There are days when I don't log everything, but it's not usually on purpose. Some days I'm just too darn tired at the end of the day to do it, some days I just have no clue how many calories, etc. are in something I ate. I try to log in every day and log as much as I can, just to keep myself on track. I don't really have a "cheat" day, it's more of if there's something I want, I eat it, and log it in the best I can. That really helps me to decide wether or not that specific food is worth it the next time I'm tempted to eat it.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I occassionally give myself a day off, however I still log the calories but with the expectation I will be over. Sometimes it gives me the motivation to get that extra workout in.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I did for my last three days of work. I kind of felt bad but I legit just ate so much and lost track. At least I didnt gain weight. I`m taking that as luck and I`m def going to try and not have days like that again.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I always log. I do have days where I go over, but I always log the food.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I would log even if you plan a 'cheat' day. It might spur you on to cheat less and make better choices, and you'll still be able to be accountable. If you find your weight loss stalling down the line you have an accurate diary to check back on and see where you're going wrong. A really bad cheat day could take your whole weeks deficit away and cause you to gain or stall, and at least you can see why!

I'm all for having cheats and treats, but I definitely log them! It just means i'm in the red for the day!

Agree! I want to know what is working for me and what is not. I allow occassional cheats and treats but log it all to see the impact.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning on logging my food for Easter. I don't know how I would be able to keep track of all that food anyway.
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I used to take the day off of logging once in a while, and then it just felt too weird not to log!
    So, usually I will still take a day off of worrying about my calorie totals but I still end up logging it. And it never turns out to be as a bad as I think it will be!

I didn't log over Christmas though. And I'm going away this coming week to the UK and I won't be logging every day. We'll see!

I'm not gonna lie though, if I have an evening with friends and there's too much wine involved, I don't log all the wine. I quick add a high estimate of the wine-calories to my diary so I'm still sitting closer to what I consumed, but my MFP friends don't have to know what a lush I can be :drinker:
  • sherryv02
    sherryv02 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have to log. To afraid not to. I lost 60lbs logging on my own years ago. Then got comfortable and stopped. Now I have those 60+ to lose all over again. It's not worth it. And with the iPhone app I have no excuse!