Just 30 days in and so many successes

Options
WolffEarl
WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
Hello there folks. 30 days (since March 18 when I joined here) it has been since I rededicated myself to a healthier life style and looking back it has been a good month. Now for some mini mile stones:
-Exercised every day for at least 30 minutes (mostly cardio (5 k runs, some TM, but also some punching bags and resistance training at home). Hurrah for me:)
-Completed three 10 K runs (at the beginning of this I had barely managed to do a 5 K) average time around 56 min. (ON an aside, this also shows that fitness lasts much longer than a stable weight, I had stopped exercising about 6 months ago, gained 50 pounds back in that time, but after 6 months of no exercise was still able to huff out a 5 k in 27 min... another reason to focus on fitness for health, not just weight).
-Dropped from 44 waist to 40 waist, hips from 46 to 44, Chest from 46 to 43.5 in. (Haha, it just occurred to me that even my sweetie of 25 years is not privy to this info and here I am sharing it with a bunch of lovely strangers.. what am I thinking?:)
-Fixed a slowly draining sink (Just wanted to throw that in there to prove that I have other skills too:)
-Ate healthily 28 out of the 30 days and MISTREATED myself with food only twice (once with a barrage of jam sandwiches and once with a large pizza, chicken wings and pizza bread all in one sitting).
-Had veggies with every meal, blended or cooked or raw. I LIKE my veggies.
- Had fresh fruit with every meal. mostly apples.. I am an apple freak, since age 6 eat the entire thing, core and all.
-All my sugars (with the aforementioned jam frenzy exception) one day came from fruits and veggies. Although my daily sugar appears to be over my limit every day, since it comes fruit/veggies I do not care. Same goes for fibre, way over every day.
-Drank good old H2O as drink. Luckily we grew up relatively simple and water was the only thing we drank growing up. Juice was like a special occasion kind of thing.
-Overcame my body's inner voice, telling me to stop (running for example): "Earl, enough already, you are tired, come on, stop, give it up, enough calories burned, why are you doing this to yourself, etc" at least 10 times this month. Instead listened to my stubborn self that said: "***** you body, I am no slave to you, I am your master and I say,carry on":)
-Logged on to mpf daily to chart progress and log calories.
-Laughed in the face of ice cream in the freezer, cake and donuts on the staff table, smarties and coffee crisp in my class room, and with iron determination even turned away from hot crepes, with that fried fat aroma, prepared by my son, permeating the house (but I almost shed a tear:)
- Found some wonderful folks here on mpf. WOW what a supportive bunch.
- Took some pictures, which show some nice change (but the world shall never see, I am simply not that bold).
-Oh yes, and lastly for those folks you always wonder about weight loss, I did drop from 250 lbs on March 18, to 231 on April 17th, today.

And that is all, a happy man. LIfe is good.

Replies

• nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love that post!! As of late, I have been back and forth between being good and being not so good. Thanks for the motivation to keep going!
  • ashers1819
    ashers1819 Posts: 160
    Options
    Good for you... I love the way that you've listed the successes.

Keep it up and I am sure you wil have built a better body and better lifestyle... I know that is what I am striving to do.
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Keep going! Lovely to read all your NSV's!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That is very inspirational post. Well done on all those things you achieved. :laugh:
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    What awesome successes, I like how you added all the stuff in, and only mentioned the scale at the end! Great job!
  • Debinapril
    Debinapril Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations. It's good to recognise it's not just about weight loss. Keep up the good work.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your obvious successes. I wish for you another great month (taking it one month at a time) and beyond. You are doing great in finding what works for you. Thanks for being another inspiration here for me on MFP.
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey great post, keep up the good work!!!!! I'm only 7 days in but this web site is such a good motivator!!!
    Cheers
    Deb
    :smile:
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Awesome i love how you've put in every detail . ! good going !
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that is wonderful!!!! :)

5649341.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Love your post!

I also joined about a month ago. I have noticed that I am sleeping much better and I feel incredible!
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WOW, That is quite an accomplishment! Keep up the good work! You have so much to be proud of! Brag on!!!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    really a great post. Nice!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing month! just goes to show what you can achieve if you put your mind to it
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So Happy for you! keep it up! It is difficult but if it was easy, we would all be fitness models!

My 5 yr old daughter kindergarten class made bread about 3 weeks ago and she has been insisting that I make it at home (she loves bread!). So, yesterday, rainy crappy day I decided to make her happy. Made the recipe. I have 4 loaves, 24 buns and I even made some strawberry jam & glazed buns. I ate 2 slices of bread and 1 pastry. That has to be it for me! I cannot touch that stuff again, even after all that hard work. I will freeze them or give them away but they cannot go on my hips!

All that to say I know exactly how you felt about the pancakes!
  • krishildy
    krishildy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One of the best success stories I've read, and I've read many of them! Thanks for posting!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for posting !!!
  • tinman1222
    Options
    Way to go!! keep up the good work!!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Love the post!
    Congratulations!!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love your positive attitude! Congratulations on every success achieved in such a short time :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!