breakfast ideas for low carbing

lovediets
lovediets Posts: 375 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Does anyone have some breakfast ideas for low carb diets? I get tired of eggs all the time.

Replies

• lchf
    lchf Posts: 1
    Low Carb pancake:

2 eggs
    2 tbls cottage cheese
    1 tbls flax seed
    1 tbls sunflower seeds
    2 tbls shredded coconut
    1 tbls cinnamon

This is for one large pancake. Share it with someone else, or halve the recipe if it's too much:)
  • MFCuce
    MFCuce Posts: 14 Member
    What can someone who doesn't like eggs or milk (for cereal and milk) have for breakfast? I gave up bagels and all I eat is peanut butter sandwiches on light wheat bread, or dry Special K cereal. I also ate peanut butter crackers all the time but they probably aren't the greatest choice either!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I eat fresh fruit, yogart, and low cal english muffins with light cream cheese if I'm not feeling like eating eggs.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    80 cal english muffin, an egg, and a slice of cheese!

pb and honey on toast

2 parts greek yogurt, 1 part pb, on anything is YUM
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I eat fresh fruit, yogart, and low cal english muffins with light cream cheese if I'm not feeling like eating eggs.

not too low carb :)
  • bdkerr
    bdkerr Posts: 3
    My favorite (fast) breakfast has become "Vegn Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer" (half the suggested recipe made with water) and a toasted slice of whole grain bread with one tablespoon of peanut-butter. It gets me though the morning without a drop in my sugar levels. The caloric count is reasonable therefore saving calories for a snack later in the day.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Do you like pumpkin?? Both of these are egg based, so you still get the protein, but you're not stuck eating boring ol' eggs :)

Pumpkin Pie Pancake

4 Large eggs
    1/2 c Pumpkin
    1/4 c Whipping Cream
    1.5 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon
    1 tsp Vanilla
    1/4 c Splenda (or your choice of sweetener, I used Torani Syrup until it was sweet enough for me)
    Pinch of salt

Mix well. Pour 1/2 cup of mixture onto buttered frying pan on medium. Let sit until the edges are crispy and the bottom is golden. Flip and cook other side until golden. Eat with a nice dollop of whipped cream. Makes 4 pancakes.

There's about 3 carbs per pancake.

OR (this is my favorite)....if you've heard of Oopsie Rolls (I dont know if I can post a link, so google oopsie rolls and you'll see a recipe)....I strongly recommend those, and then swap out part of the cream cheese. I use 1 oz Cream Cheese and 1/4 cup Pumpkin and 3 Pkts Stevia and some cinnamon. Make as directed for Oopsie Rolls. You can make a lot and freeze and grab when you need one. I like to butter them and sprinkle with cinnamon, pop in the toaster oven until toasty and top with whipped cream. Now these have *1* carb per roll.

These are a low carb dream!!!! I have pictures of both on my blog :)
  • I eat fresh fruit, yogart, and low cal english muffins with light cream cheese if I'm not feeling like eating eggs.

Surprisingly most yogurts are not low in carbs, neither is fresh fruit or english muffins. Just because they're low cal doesn't make them low carb!

I definitely want to try out the low carb pancake recipe. Looks delish!
  • fatmama4
    fatmama4 Posts: 39 Member
    Bump
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Cheesecake Muffins....these are fantastic with coffee!

8 oz Cream Cheese softened
    1 egg
    pinch of salt.
    splash of vanilla
    1/4 cup (or more, depending on your sweetness, make it a little sweeter than you think, cause it comes out less sweet after it's baked and cooled) of either splenda or your choice of sweetener. I used Torani (it's made from splenda, but luckily lacks that nasty aftertaste). It's a dream come true. Zero carbs. You buy it on the coffee aisle.

Mix ingredients well and pour into 6 lined muffin tins. Bake 325 for 20 minutes or until the muffins are firm, yet not browned. Let cool before eating.

**If you want Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins, use 6 oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup pumpkin and some cinnamon.**

4 carbs each (3 Net) if using Torani (splenda adds more carbs).....be careful with these if you're really low carb'ing it...cause it's hard to stop at just one haha.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Thank you guys! I love the suggestions! I can hardly wait to try them!!! You are all super!
  • Kate48230
    Kate48230 Posts: 35 Member
    Fat free plain Greek yogurt with berries (lowest carb fruit) and a bit of sweetener if you need it. You can take frozen berries, thaw in microwave, add yogurt and stir. You can even eat it warm if it is more comforting!
This discussion has been closed.