I have no friends!

Options
nicmacc
nicmacc Posts: 35 Member
Hi all, this is my second week and I like it! I joined so I could use on my iphone was using CalorieKing Aust but they dont have a mobile app so decided to check this out! I find planning ahead and logging BEFORE I eat motivates me to eat only what I have logged. I am looking for some friends to add to my list - I have none :sad:
Would love to share the experience with someone as my friends and family really dont do a good job of supporting me!
I am a 40 year old Mum from Canberra, Australia have about 30kg to lose till I am the "recommended" ideal weight.
I am hoping that an August trip to Bali will give me some motivation to try and look better in a cossie!
Would love to hear from some lovely ladies with similar goals so we can motivate eachother and am really interested in sharing recipes! :happy:
Look forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• kel29
    kel29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi im also new on MFP only been on here a few days & its fantastic im from the UK . . feel free to add me as a frend x:happy:
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi to you both and welcome on board! I'm in the UK too, but with loads to lose - am enjoying the journey so far.
  • shellybra
    shellybra Posts: 21
    Options
    :bigsmile: hi, I'm from Ireland. we can motivate each other!!! lol
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    UK here. Always happy for new friends!
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    :smile: Hello... I'm from the United States and will send a friend request!
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My isp went out when I replied the first time but you can gladly add me as a friend. Good Luck on your weight loss adventure. It goes a whole lot easier with mfp.
  • crazeness
    crazeness Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi and welcome! :smile:

I am in Australia, feel free to add me if you like and good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request!!!
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The more friends, the merrier!! :)
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! I'm from the USA!! Love the support I get here even when I don't do what I know I need to. Best of luck to you!
  • njoytheride
    njoytheride Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I can be your friend. Just started, too. I love to cook, and have lots of recipes. Looking for lower calorie/carb recipes. I live in CA.
  • natashaclasby
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this too, i've been away for the last year travelling and somehow managed to put on 2 stone...!!.ive managed to loose about 10lbs but cant seems to shift a lb more! im on the cross trainer for about an hour every day / second day, but nothing is mudging, and my kcal intake is about 800 per day (im only 5ft and a half!!)

would love to have some girls to help motivate each other!! im from Ireland :)
  • theblokefromstoke
    Options
    Hi There,

I'm new too - downloaded the app last week on my new IPhone.

I lost about 5 stone last year on my own and then nothing for about 6 months, in fact probably put 1/2 stone back on. I've stepped up the excercise with running 3 or 4 times per week. Did a 5k charity run last week no problems and have a half marathon lined up in June. I already Kayak so am fairly active apart from my job which keeps me desk bound most of the day.

I Really need to lose about another stone as according to my BMI at 26 I'm still overweight. I am diabetic too so this brings added complication as I have to keep eating to keep my Blood sugars constant.

Since starting the running, I'm really hungry sometimes, maybe when my Blood sugars drop too much but the top and bottom of it is I appear to be eating like a pig during the evenings. The day is not a problem but its when the kids are in bed, all chores done and telly goes on.

Anyway,

The App is great and I'm hoping we can support each other on the forum,
    Carl
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I just started this week and have one friend and looking for more. Feel free to add me.
  • nix2910
    nix2910 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi
    I've just started on this site, down loaded the app several weeks ago but never got going. I'm not sure how you add friends but would like to meet people on here to keep motivated. I'm in the UK as well & approaching 40, really want to loose 2 stone by October but not sure I have the willpower :( Look forward to hearing from you & other members x
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hi I'm from Malta - this site is great and friends really motivate you so feel free to add me and good luck :)
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Welcome and hello!! Sending you a request :flowerforyou:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well , I dont think I can describe myself as a "lovely lady" :bigsmile: but feel free to add me some support if you want to.

Good luck and welcome :smile:
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also from Aus and have about 30kgs left to lose. feel free to add me too