HRM question

Options
I know theres been a lot of talk here about HRM's so I'm hoping someone will know the answer to this. I worked out for 35 minutes with my heart rate "in zone" (in my target heart rate zone) and my HRM says I burned 295 calories. Is this the correct amount I can log here on MFP or are some of these calories already accounted for through normal activity. Overall, I need to know if I can eat 295 more calories today or less than that and how much less. Hope this makes sense...

Replies

• alisha123
    Options
    I know theres been a lot of talk here about HRM's so I'm hoping someone will know the answer to this. I worked out for 35 minutes with my heart rate "in zone" (in my target heart rate zone) and my HRM says I burned 295 calories. Is this the correct amount I can log here on MFP or are some of these calories already accounted for through normal activity. Overall, I need to know if I can eat 295 more calories today or less than that and how much less. Hope this makes sense...
  • chelle1717
    chelle1717 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it makes sense, and yes, it's correct. I don't know what exercise you did, but say you did the elliptical machine for 35 minutes. Put in your 35 minutes & next to the exercise, edit the calories burned to show the 295. Enjoy!
  • alisha123
    Options
  • beckybubbles
    beckybubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    good question. i am looking into getting a HRM so I can have a more accurate sense of what I am actually burning and making sure I am staying in the right zone. Do you have any suggestions on what to look for in a HRM. How do you like using it?

thanks.
  • alisha123
    Options
    Mine is pretty basic..It's a polar F4 (from target). I really like it though. It's nice to know exactly how many calories I burn doing absolutely any exercize.