Weight watchers

Options
Hey is anyone here a member of weight watchers,

Should I join?

I have not lost weight any weight for 3 weeks, but will WW clash with MFP, I dont know what to do?

How has it helped you and why did you join?

Thank you

Replies

• emilysp
    emilysp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WW is extra accountability. For me that was the key to losing (probably why I'm up from goal - lost my personal trainer who supported me through my weight loss and only go to meetings periodically). They also give tips and tricks, food reccs, some advice for the mental stuff, etc. It's also good to see others there who have been successful. I had almost 100 lbs to lose and having a leader who lost 130 lbs and one of the receptionists who lost 105 lbs was great inspiration. WW will not clash with this website, but it will be two different ways of tracking. PlusPoints is basically a shorthand for calorie counting, with the formula weighted to steer you toward foods with higher protein and fiber and lower fat and calories. You can sit in on a meeting without signing up, so you have the option of checking it out to see if it's right for you.
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    ive been doing the old ww points system at home myself as well as running mfp since wednesday and ive had no problems doing both!
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I did WW yrs ago when I was like 16 n lost over 50lbs of course went off diet n gained it all back n then some aft a couple yrs....ww is pretty much the same as MFP they put u in a "point range" which is same as a "calorie range"...you say its been 3 weeks n no weight loss...have u added exercising into the mix? Maybe mess with ur calorie intake a lil bit to get over ur plateu (sp)

WW does have awesome recieps tho I still use their 5 ingredients or less cookbook its my fav!! They give u the nutrional facts in it too not just pts :)
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I'm thinking about joining too. I lost about 60lbs with weight watchers a few years back but as you can tell, put most of this back on. I would be joining for the accountability too.

Let me know what you decide to do!