Measurements

Options
Was just wondring if anyone else was keeping track of there body measurements and how they were doing in relation to their weight loss. I have lost 4 lbs in just under a month but have lost 2inches from my waist and 2inches from my hips.

Replies

• amandajs
    amandajs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too, have lost only 5 pounds, but have lost 2 inches from my waist and 2.5 inches from my hips!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I really need to track my inches...but I always forget to buy one. I personally am not a fan of the scale. It can detour you more than encourage you. Plus the loss of inches is what you see in your clothes and what others notice... Congrats on the loss of those inches!!! Keep up the great work!:wink:
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My clothes, especially my pants and belt, tell me all I need to know :)
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Just what i thought... only i know my weight but if i continue loosing inches others will notice this.
    Keep up the good work.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I measure my thighs, hips, waist, and biceps. I have lost 17 lbs and 18 inches. :wink:
  • jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    I have only lost 7lbs since joining MFP in February, but have lost 24.45 inches. I weigh myself every Friday morning and then measure everything. I do this because I know I'm not going to be happy with what the scale says, but I KNOW that I'm going to love what the measuring tape says:-) Plus it keeps me motivated to keep doing what I'm doing because I don't feel like I'm seeing results when I look in the mirror.

5'2, 28 yrs
    Total Inches/lbs Lost
    Weight 7.2 lbs
    Neck 0.5 in
    Chest 2.25 in
    Waist 6 in
    Hips 4 in
    Right Thigh 1.25 in
    Left Thigh 0.5
    Right Calf 0.75 in
    Left Calf 0.5 in
    Right Arm 0.75 in
    Left Arm 0.75 in
    Grand Total of 24.45 in
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    if i didn't track the inches and only did my weight i might of given up
    9 lbs in 3.5 mths makes my kinda sad
    but
    4.5 inches off my waist makes my very happy
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of measurements is as important as the scale, if not more. When I hit a 3-month weight loss plateau last year, I continued to lose inches. It would have been very discouraging to not lose weight for that long, but the fact that I continued to firm up kept me going.
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I haven't kept track of inches, but the other day, my husband said "wow I can get my hands all the way around your thigh". Compliment I guess, but that there told me I've lost inches. lol