Thoughts on Zumba for Playstation move

Options
bmfrazie
bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
I have never tried Zumba (or any other fitness video game). I think Zumba looks like fun though and that it would be a good way to burn some calories. So has anyone tried the Zumba for Playstation move? I would greatlly appreciate any reviews and thoughts all together on Zumba of any kind.

Replies

• kymlynn13
    kymlynn13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Xbox and I liked it for about a month and then it just got boring! The real classes are way more fun and more motivating. And sometimes the systems don't pick up ur movements :(
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i have it for the kinect, so its very similar. its not bad, i've only had it a few days so not experienced everything on it but i have a lot of fun doing it. the reviews are really bad for the game but if you don't take doing it too seriously you'll be fine. the bug bear for most is the instructor changes colour when you are doing something right and you can be moving in the oposite direction and the game tells you you are doing it right. if you want it just to get you moving and doing something a bit different you'll think it's great, if you want something to really focus on and teach you dance moves then the game isn't for you, but i would suggest to try a class. if you do get the game be prepared to make a fool of yourself and laugh lots, cos there is no way a beginner can shake their hips lie that AND do the arms thing at the same time
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    I've been wanting Zumba for Kinect, but the reviews are not too good for the game systems. I am addicted to Dance Central for Kinect, I burn a lot of calories doing it.
  • Janelle31
    Janelle31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for Wii and really like it. It took a bit to get used to and to get some of the moves figured out, but was easier to learn and follow than the Gold's Gym Dance Workout (also for Wii). The Zumba music is really fun and I occasionally get songs stuck in my head which just makes me want to do some of the moves from the game. When I first started out I had a hard time making it all the way through the beginner 20 minute class and I was sweating when it was done. I've moved up to the intermediate classes and so far many of the moves and songs are the same, but it's longer, has a little more added to it to up the intensity. The graphics are a little more simplistic than many other games. The instructor is essentially a coloured silhoutte on a black "dance hall" background. There are some lights to add to the dance hall vibe, but overall very little to distract from the instructor and following the moves. The game doesn't have a calorie counter and doesn't take into consideration much of your personal information, but as far as just getting me moving, I like it a lot. It's a very good cardio workout and I"m thinking of adding a small set of hand weights soon to increase the intensity a little more. I don't know about the controllers for Playstation, but I found that using the MotionPlus controller for the Wii picked up the moves better.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting Zumba for Kinect, but the reviews are not too good for the game systems. I am addicted to Dance Central for Kinect, I burn a lot of calories doing it.

have a look for the free demo download, there is one for it as i tried that before getting the full game, as i really wanted it but the reviews really put me off
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for Wii and really like it. It took a bit to get used to and to get some of the moves figured out, but was easier to learn and follow than the Gold's Gym Dance Workout (also for Wii). The Zumba music is really fun and I occasionally get songs stuck in my head which just makes me want to do some of the moves from the game. When I first started out I had a hard time making it all the way through the beginner 20 minute class and I was sweating when it was done. I've moved up to the intermediate classes and so far many of the moves and songs are the same, but it's longer, has a little more added to it to up the intensity. The graphics are a little more simplistic than many other games. The instructor is essentially a coloured silhoutte on a black "dance hall" background. There are some lights to add to the dance hall vibe, but overall very little to distract from the instructor and following the moves. The game doesn't have a calorie counter and doesn't take into consideration much of your personal information, but as far as just getting me moving, I like it a lot. It's a very good cardio workout and I"m thinking of adding a small set of hand weights soon to increase the intensity a little more. I don't know about the controllers for Playstation, but I found that using the MotionPlus controller for the Wii picked up the moves better.

Thank you so much for all of the details! It really gives me a much better idea of what to expect.

Thank you everyone for your input. I am thinking I will def look into getting this in the next few weeks. How do you log this on MFP?
  • Janelle31
    Janelle31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use either the Dance, Ballroom Fast or the Dance, aerobic when adding this to my exercise journal. The ballroom gives a slightly higner calorie burn, so I use this on the days when I've really pushed myself and on the days when I have worked out but not gone above and beyond I use the aerobic.