Splenda or Truvia?

Options
hgellings
hgellings Posts: 295 Member
Which is better tasting and which is suppose to be better for you?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of camps on both sides as to which is healthier. I like Truvia, but I can only have a little since it can have a slight sour taste to it. It is also natural (from a plant) rather processed (Splenda).

I would suggest trying both and finding which works for you.
  • karenrae123
    Options
    Truvia..
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    stevia, 100% natural (truvia, pure via, sweet leaf...)
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    I use both.
  • Cayogal
    Cayogal Posts: 2
    Options
    Truvia definitely better for you. The jury is still out on Splenda research.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Truvia is better for you, but I can't take the aftertaste, so I personally use Splenda. It's rare that I use any of it though.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like Truvia...it's all natural and it takes so much less to get the same sweetness as sugar.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I asked because I have been a splenda user, but heard that Truvia is much better for you. I bought some Truvia last night, but am skeptical to open it because I have read how it has an awful after taste... Anybody else notice that?
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    truvia is not 100% natural. stevia if you can get it in it's pure form, is 100% natural and thus better for you than splenda OR truvia. if you read truvia's label you will see added ingredients. i buy nustevia in bulk from my local nutritional store, and i love it.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    stevia, 100% natural (truvia, pure via, sweet leaf...)

I agree! That's what I use!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I prefer Truvia. There is a slight aftertaste but nothing major, at least not for me. Plus, like everyone else is saying its better for you.