My fitness pal & P90X

Options
Hello everyone :)

My name is Anna and I just started P90X today :) My boyfriend is (hopefully) going to do it along with me...but I am hoping to find extra motivation in other places! Hopefully I'll find a few people to interact with on here and hopefully this website will keep me dedicated to tracking everything so I reach my daily nutrition and fitnes goals.

I've always been on and off with exercising and eating healthy. I've always liked exercising and the good feeling I get from eating healthy, but it's also always been a bit of a struggle to get myself to do these things.

I'm mainly looking to improve my strength and become more "lean" and I'm pretty sure the first nutrition phase of the P90X plan is just for that, so I'm looking forward to committing to the program fully.

Anyone else out there doing P90X? Or any other Beachbody program?

Replies

• jghoffman
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. Please remember it is easy to be discourage especially with DVD's like these because the people on the DVD are more advanced. Trust in yourself, listen to your body, and know if you push yourself you will be able to do this at the same rate as the people on the DVD.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different beach body programs that I rotate. I have ChaLean Extreme which is a weightlifting program and Insanity. I love them both. My husband does the Insanity with me and it helps. Do remember you are starting off and enjoy the work out. Good Luck!!!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    P90X is an extreme workout...take it one day at a time...Don't rush, do your best & forget the rest. The first Phase you are goin' to be SORE...! But, it's a good thing - your body will get use to muscle movements etc.

I'm currently finishin' up Week 6 of P90X LEAN...

Have fun! Be Patience! Eat Clean! You'll be fine :wink:
  • MelaninCrush
    MelaninCrush Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you log in your calories for your P90x? I use my iphone application and there isn't a choice for P90x.
  • crawfordfamily
    Options
    My friends and I do a variation of the different Beach Body programs we do P90X, Insanity and even Turbo Jam. Occasionally, we go to a work out center that does various ones as well. Like Turbo Fire, Insanity and P90X...I agree it is a big help to have my friends around to hold me accountable, if your significant other doesn't join ya see if you can find friends that will do it with you. Always remember there is no quick fixes but the long term results is what we are all fighting for. Good Luck!!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    there are many of us beachbody addicts here lol. im on round 2 now of p90x mixed with turbofire. do your best and forget the rest
  • Irishwench
    Options
    The best way to log P90X is to use a heart rate monitor and enter it yourself. That is what I did last time I did P90X. Hmm maybe I will start it again tomorrow. :) at least for 30 days i am moving so hard to do it while on the road. =) So if you need someone to help keep you doing your workouts feel free to friend me. We can help each other.
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!

I remember yesterday while doing Back and Chest how the people on the DVD were still doing 20-30+ pushups/pullups/chinups on the 2nd go-around! On some of them, I was lucky to get in 5-10 reps!

I'm looking forward to plyometrics this afternoon! And I'm definitely looking forward to getting support and motivation from other Beachbodies doing the same thing (or something like it, of course) :)
  • jcjc1331
    jcjc1331 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also new to myfitnesspal, and also considering doing P90X, even though it looks way too intense, I think that it will give me the push I need to get in shape
  • Rileydma
    Rileydma Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey Anna! Welcome to MFP! I actually just started the Power 90 workout about a month ago, but I'm really looking forward to starting the P90X workout soon. MFP has been extremely helpful keeping track of my calories. It took me a while to tweak it but now I have it set just right...

Glad you found us! Feel free to friend me! Keep us all posted.

Dave
  • Rileydma
    Rileydma Posts: 38
    Options
    If you aren't sure about P90X (I wasn't sure either! lol) Power 90 is a good way to burn fat and get in condition to do P90X... That's basically what I am doing right now and I love it... I have been pushing myself so much that I'm planning on moving on to P90X in another month or so... So definitely check out Power 90 if you think P90X is too intense.. My wife actually does it with me, so its not bad at all...