eating veggies

Options
Eating my veggies is very hard for me. I buy them and they rot in the fridge. I like them I think they are tasty they just go bad faster. Does V8 really count as 2 vegetables or anyone got any other advice for me to sneak some veggies into my life.

thanks

Replies

• VialOfDreams
    Options
    If you are having a hard time keeping your veggies, get them frozen, that way you keep them longer, plus frozen veggies keep their vitamins and nutrients. I do not recommend canned veggies. As for V8, it most likely has added sugars, and preservatives, plus it's missing all the necessary fibers. I'd say invest in a juicer, and something else that you can do is cook ahead of time. I have a food blog which is vegetarian/vegan, so you can get some inspiration from there. I try to make things easier and healthier without compromising too much on the taste.

http://vialofdreams-healthyeats.blogspot.com/
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I would buy frozen,then you can use what you want when you want and they don`t go bad.Canned has too much soduim.I`ve made homemade soups and add lots of veg to use them up.
    Good luck!
    jane:smile:
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    do you clean and portion them out when you get them home from the store?
    I was throwing out a lot too, but having them bagged and ready to go helps so much.
    I just grab what I need for work or even visiting a sick friend who eats more fattening stuff.
    D
  • Tigerfish62
    Options
    Yes, V-8 counts.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    The thing about Changing your Lifestyle is you MUST be Willing then Eager to CHANGE. If you think "canned/bottled juice" will substitute for REAL Veggies and FRUIT that is a MYTH! The REAL thing brings too much GREAT Stuff that the Body needs...Fiber, Slow digestion so insulin levels will stay level, micro nutrients that are lost in the juicing and pasteurization process. If you really look at A SERVING of Veggies, it is really SMALL. So if you are NOT eating veggies and fruit to use your calories, what ARE you eating, Refined High Glycemic Carbs? If so, you are going to STAY in weight/health trouble.

If you NEED to Juice BUY a GOOD Blender, DO the WHOLE VEGGIE or Fruit.