SBF...November 11

Options
Good morning,
I think I am going to try not to say much because I am kind of crabby. :laugh: We had some great storms come through last night and I am thankful for the rain but I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. And I am sick. It's in my throat and chest. I haven't worked out all week, except for painting which isn't that much of a work out. I haven't even done push ups this week! :noway:
On the bright side, Alex is feeling better and acting more himself. At least now I can distance myself from him more than a foot. Ha ha.
Goals today:
push ups
maybe go for a walk (therapist told me to get Alex out walking more)
clean up (have three therapists coming out in morning. ready for it to be done.)
must drink my water!!!!
And that's it. I might Shred if I don't get a walk in.
I hope you all have a good Tuesday!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I think I am going to try not to say much because I am kind of crabby. :laugh: We had some great storms come through last night and I am thankful for the rain but I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. And I am sick. It's in my throat and chest. I haven't worked out all week, except for painting which isn't that much of a work out. I haven't even done push ups this week! :noway:
    On the bright side, Alex is feeling better and acting more himself. At least now I can distance myself from him more than a foot. Ha ha.
    Goals today:
    push ups
    maybe go for a walk (therapist told me to get Alex out walking more)
    clean up (have three therapists coming out in morning. ready for it to be done.)
    must drink my water!!!!
    And that's it. I might Shred if I don't get a walk in.
    I hope you all have a good Tuesday!
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Feel better soon melissa. If you're taking meds and not drinking your usual water, that's probably contributing to your crabbiness (most meds will dehydrate you). The walk sounds like it would be perfect for both of you!

gmu, hang in there. Just remember the "good" days. They'll get you through the terrible twos. Ian was the same way; started the terrible stage way too early. More good than bad days now!

So daycare is closed for Veterans Day which means my husband and I are splitting Ian duty around our work schedules! My husband is a track coach, so Ian is pretty excited to go to jumps practice this afternoon. He loves playing with the pole vault poles and every 2 year-olds dream sandbox (the long jump pits)! It's suppose to be in the 50s today, so a nice break from the chilly weather.

I did one of my dvds (upper body) this am and will do the other tonight. I had every intention of working out last night, but my neighbor needed his back worked on, so I did that instead. I get calorie credit for that right?!?!

Have a great week!
    Arianne :happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Everything counts, AD! It's a weird day for day care to be closed - I mean, how many people get Veteran's Day off? - no one I know.

Looks like we are about to get the rain MM got last night. Yeah! Fingers crossed.

Yesterday I started out for a ride, but got a few sprinkles and was worried the rain was going to start - it didn't, but I ended up at the gym on the elliptical. Also walked and did yoga.

Today is push ups and gym (more elliptical) - and I'm going to meet up with CP tonight - I'll try to remember to bring my camera.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well it seems like my hectic schedule has gotten slightly worse. My car is throwing fits and since I'm working 2 jobs, I don't have the time to tear it apart and figure out whats wrong, so reluctantly I had a friend tow it to a shop. I hate paying someone to fix something, I could fix. :grumble: Anyway, now on top of trying to work 2 jobs, my bf and I have to juggle one car...did I mention he works 2 jobs too? UGH! It's becoming a pain. I'm just hoping my car is done soon and it's something cheap to fix because money is reeeeally tight. Okay, enough of that. Positive thinking....positive thinking...:smile: .

So since I'm still waiting on my 10 minute trainer dvds to arrive, I'm just trying to drink my water and eat all my meals!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I feel better having done something. Alex and I walked or about 90 minutes. We jumped over cracks in the sidewalk and he collected a bunch of leaves. We also walked down to the pet store and looked at the animals. We weren't going fast but at least it was something! I'm going to try to get push ups in after I lay him down for a nap. I think I am just going to see how many I can get in today instead of sticking to the program.
    Rach, I hear ya about having to pay someone to work on your car. :grumble: Especially when money is really tight. I hope you get it fixed and it's cheap!
    Mary and CP, I'm hoping in the car right now so I can come meet up with you all! :tongue: Yes, get pictures!
    AD, I hope everything works out with Ian and your schedules today!
    MM
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Just found out that my school starts on Dec 3rd, not Jan 7th like I had thought. That means I have less than 3 weeks to try to convince my mom to cosign on another loan for me, get approved, and get the money, before the school starts asking for payments. :noway:

Can I just go to sleep until the rest of this year is over!? :cry:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Can I just go to sleep until the rest of this year is over!? :cry:

Me too! Me too!

Seriously, my strike is getting ugly. Both sides are in a propaganda battle, the students are pissed, and two people have ended up in the hospital on the picket lines because people have hit them with their cars. Seriously. I don't care how angry I was, I can't even begin to imagine hitting another human being with my car. It's just not a situation I want to be a part of on any level.

I decided to stop walking the picket lines, for numerous reasons. I'm taking the next week off to go to my conference, and my dream is that it will all be resolved by the time I'm back. If not, I've signed up to do "alternate duty" at the union office for my strike pay. I'm borderline (OK, over the line) obsessed with it. . .the status, the webpages, the news reports. It's all too much for me to take.

Anyways, I just got back from an hour of walking with my husband, and that may be it for the day. If I feel perky later, I'll try to do a shred after the store downstairs closes (I'm pretty sure it would sound like their ceiling would collapse if I did it while they were down there):tongue:

Let's all take care of ourselves.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and on the practical side, Rach. . .you probably can get all that stuff taken care of in three weeks. Call the bursar's office at your school. . .they're usually surprisingly understanding with financial issues. Best to be up front rather than just late with the payments. (yes, that's personal experience talking. :wink: ) Good luck to you!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Yea I'll probably let them know. I'm just hoping my mom will cosign, otherwise I'm out of luck. My dad says he can't even though he just bought a 3rd vehicle...:grumble: ...don't even get me started there! :smile: It's just so hard sometimes, I work my butt off, I've never made a late payment on any loan, credit card, or bill I have, and I'm not asking anyone to pay my way through. I just need a little boost! I need to start looking for a job in the accounting field so I can get my experience in, so I can test to be a CPA! :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Oh V, people getting hit by cars! How sad! I am glad you are opting out of the picketing. I would hate for something to happen to you!

I'm going to toot my own horn for a minute. :tongue: I did as many push ups as I could just a few minutes ago. Last time I did that I could do 65. Today I did 80! I'm almost there! I have like two weeks left so I think I can do it! (Goal to finish the program by Thanksgiving). So I am really excited! :bigsmile:
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Oh V, people getting hit by cars! How sad! I am glad you are opting out of the picketing. I would hate for something to happen to you!

I'm going to toot my own horn for a minute. :tongue: I did as many push ups as I could just a few minutes ago. Last time I did that I could do 65. Today I did 80! I'm almost there! I have like two weeks left so I think I can do it! (Goal to finish the program by Thanksgiving). So I am really excited! :bigsmile:
    MM

YAY! for 80 pushups. You are almost there. :drinker:

Just from curiosity. . .how many did you do for your "initial test".

And, bizarrely. . .one of the first things that crossed my mind when I heard about the run-downs was "I can't get my legs broken. . .I need to go to the gym!" Hey, whatever keeps us going, right?
  • mechanicmom
    Options

YAY! for 80 pushups. You are almost there. :drinker:

Just from curiosity. . .how many did you do for your "initial test".

And, bizarrely. . .one of the first things that crossed my mind when I heard about the run-downs was "I can't get my legs broken. . .I need to go to the gym!" Hey, whatever keeps us going, right?
    I think I started out being able to do six full ones. I forget. lol. It was about four months ago.
  • yoginimary
    Options

:laugh:

Way to go MM! 80 is incredible!

That's crazy, V! Sometimes I'm glad that I just cry when really angry - but I just don't understand how someone could get that angry about a strike.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow leave a couple of days and come back and things are really hopping! Sorry to hear your not feeling good MM. Vivia, I think it's terrible that people are hitting the strikers with cars. I think they need to cool down and behave like adults. Rach, I think Vivia is right, call the Bursar. I co-signed all my daughters loans to get her a better rate but now I don't know if she can make all the payments so I might have problems soon. We have had great weather here.

I went to Kittery ME to do some Christmas shopping, my one big trip a year. I had lots of fun with my friends, but I walked from 10 am to 4pm for 2 days and I had to take Monday off I was so sore. Today I walked 30 minutes and managed one mile. My hips hurt. I really wasn't walking all that fast on those 2 days either. Maybe it's because I stood on my feet for so long. Anyway, a good trip was had and now I am back and trying to get back into my rhythm of eating well drinking all my waters and doing my daily exercise. The best part of the trip was the hot tub! I wish I had one. It felt great! See you all tomorrow.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I just got back from having dinner with CP - have to tell you guys that her pictures don't do her justice - she's beautiful as well as interesting.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Aww, Mary... :blushing: thanks!

I had a lot of fun at dinner - after all, the company was excellent! - and... she took me to the Cookie Lounge. A fresh, warm cookie straight from the oven is a lovely way to end the evening. We flagged down a UT student and got him to take a couple pictures in front of the place - they're in my profile for the curious.

I'm only now catching up on all your posts. MM, you are amazing! That's fantastic. Rach, good luck with the car and the loan. Karen, welcome back - I love your kitties! And Vivia - :cry: I really hope that things are settled soon. :heart:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Oh, and now they have gluten free cookies! I had a chocolate one that was quite good.