I'm new and very excited!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Tammy and I am on a mission! I really want to lose weight and feel better about myself. I am at 186lbs now but my goal weight is to get down to between 125-130lbs before the end of the year. I will be honest I am not any good at dieting. I am an emotional eater by nature unfortunately. When my only son was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at the age of 15, I lost it. He is now 19 but still a sick guy. I just realized one day that I can't be sick with him. I can't eat for him and make it better. So with that in mind I set out on my journey. My husband is evening getting on board with me. (Not that he needs to lose weight cause he is super thin anyway) Its just nice to know that he supports me and hopefully will be pushing me to reach my goal. So anyway, that is my story in a nut shell. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that if you need a buddy, or if you have eating tips to share please let me know. I could use all the help I can get! Good luck to us all! :)

Replies

• ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy I'm Susan. Sorry to hear about your son. We can do this together I won't accept nothing less if you want to add me as a friend please do. It's great your hubby is being so supportive.
  • bunny888
    bunny888 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you (I'm new myself...almost finished my first week). People seem to be having great results with MFP and I've also lost some this week. Seems to be a very supporting community on here. All the best on your journey. x
  • OneBKDiva
    OneBKDiva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You will find this is the best place for motivation. There are times that we start this journey and stop because we feel we are doing it alone. The support of MFP's will keep you encouraged and you will stay on your path. Good Luck!!
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am an emotional eater and have always sucked at dieting, so I think I can understand the struggle. Good for you for taking this step!! MFP is a great support system and learning tool as you work your way through this journey. Sending a friend request and look forward to doing this journey together!!
  • tw1nks
    tw1nks Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you! I am so excited and it is great to already have people on the same mission to share with!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi Tammy! Welcome to MFP! I am the exact same weight at you are now, and my goal is the same! I've been at this for 10 days so far, and feeling great already. I'll add you as a friend, and we can go through this together.

Lisa