Eating light ice cream

Options
I bought some Edy's Slow Churned ice cream for a little treat last night. I ate only the 1/2 cup serving. I was wondering, because I have 350 calories still left over for tonight due to eating very clean today, would it be bad to eat the ice cream 2 days in a row, since it is calories in vs. calories out, or should we only treat ourselves like once a week?

I always weigh in on Monday morning, I took a sneak peek this morning and I am down from last Monday so I don't want to blow it!! :) Thanks!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I don't see any problem with that if you still have calories left. As long as you don't finish the container, you should be fine.
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I bought some Edy's Slow Churned ice cream for a little treat last night. I ate only the 1/2 cup serving. I was wondering, because I have 350 calories still left over for tonight due to eating very clean today, would it be bad to eat the ice cream 2 days in a row, since it is calories in vs. calories out, or should we only treat ourselves like once a week?

I always weigh in on Monday morning, I took a sneak peek this morning and I am down from last Monday so I don't want to blow it!! :) Thanks!

I bought Breyer's Smooth and Dreamy dark choc velvet and have a serving every night and the scale is still moving in the right direction.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you completely restrict yourself, its a hell of a lot easier to fall off the wagon.

Eat what you like. If you are under your calories for the day, then great!

Sometimes I eat less of my main course so as I can have a little pudding. I try not to go over my calories, but if I can fit that piece of chocolate in with my calories for the day, you better believe I'm gonna do it!
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ice- cream is something I can't live without. It is my evening snack just about every night. I buy the light variety and stick to the 1/2 cup serving. I always leave myself enough calories to do this. This is the beauty of using MFP......you know exactly what you're taking in and what you're expending and you don't need to deprive yourself to be successful. I can't imagine going through life without ice-cream.......which for me means I need to have it while trying to lose too in order for me to be able to stick to any diet plan. Now I can eat it without guilt and it gives me something to look forward to every night.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow 110 calorie Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bars. OMG - YUMMY! If I have calories left over in the evening I don't hesitate to have one! I wouldn't have one everyday, though. Not just because it's not a very healthy snack, but because they would lose their novelty after a while. I like my special treats to be special.
  • carters2002
    Options
    This is so good to know!!! I was planning on only eating the serving size again, which is 110 calories, so I will still have to eat some more healthy stuff to meet my intake for the day!! :)

I was curious because I have read things before that say, "If you eat ice cream, or whatever, everyday you will gain so many pounds in a year, month, etc. I was hoping that the whole calories in vs calories out would trump those statements!!

Thanks everyone!!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I have some light ice cream sandwiches in my freezer for when I have the extra calories. Stick to the recommended serving size and enjoy yourself, you don't need to deprive yourself. It usually leads to binging.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i ate ice cream every night for a week (full fat, i just ate 1/4 cup) and i still lost weight! just build it into your cals for the day :)
  • wyomingmama
    wyomingmama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE ice cream! I have a little treat if I can "afford it", everyday! I am the sugar-nazi! So check your sugar consumption. Or added it to your settings if you have not already! Sugar is a great thing in moderation! We don't even realize how much we eat! Fruits, dairy, veggies.
    INeed a sweet treat and your over your suger,,, but under your cals? My fall back is organic swiss water processed Decafe and a peice of Endangered Species- Extream Dark Chocolate 88% cocoa. Low in sugar! But hits the spot (for me)!
    Plus I try not to use all my "bonus" calories I get from exercising. If I burned 300 cals I may only use 150!

Good Luck!