Time to jump ship with my diet?

Options
Hello MFP,

When I first started dieting my main priority was to lose weight. I choose to follow the south beach diet and the results were great! I was 242 lbs and I lost 31 lbs in 60 days. My priorities will shift very soon from weight loss to gaining muscle and I'm not sure if my current diet will be the most productive for my new priorities. Maybe it can be tweaked? I'm used to eating clean, so that is not a problem. I just don't want to eventually have my work out become counterproductive with my diet plan and I end up losing good mass.

I'm currently 5'10" 210 lbs with an estimated 170 lbs of lean mass. I'd like to get down to 15% BF and to work my way towards a healthy 200 lbs one day. I've read about modified keto/atkins diets briefly and I'd like to know what worked for you? I also read briefly about "carb up" days etc. Any help to steer me into the right direction will be appreciated and If you could provide any links for further reading, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Tony

Replies

• dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My former boss was on the Abs Diet before I left and it seemed like it was working really well for him. I've heard good things about The Paleo Diet too.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm not to that point yet, so I'm sticking with a modified Primal approach (carbs 20%, protein and fat 40%). You might want to check out www.bodyrecomposition.com and www.leangains.com for ideas for dropping body fat and putting on lean muscle. I think both do carb cycling. Lean Gains is about intermittent fasting, which I've heard good things about.