Almond Milk

Options
I just wanted to say thanks to all the people on here who've mentioned almond milk. I had never even heard of it until I read it here, and then I couldn't wait to try it. I'm not a big fan of milk, so I'm glad to find an alternative that, to me, tastes better, not to mention is better for you.

Thanks again!

Replies

• Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Same here! Once I tried almond milk I never wanted cow milk in my house again!
  • CherylleeH
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this. I've been wanting to try Almond Milk but have hesitated buying it thinking it would taste strange. I'm not a big milk drinker either so will definately give it a try now.
  • smileybsa83
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this. I've been wanting to try Almond Milk but have hesitated buying it thinking it would taste strange. I'm not a big milk drinker either so will definately give it a try now.

Well, if you like almonds, I'd guess you'd like it. It has just a hint of almond flavor...not too sweet, not too almondy (not a word, but you get the point). The almond flavor is almost an aftertaste, which for me is far better than regular milk.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    It is used a lot in the hungrygirl cookbook so I bought some and it is so good in my oatmeal.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    love it! I feel like I'm having full fat milk with how creamy it is. I eat it every morning on my cornflakes.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    all i drink now
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    i am going to try it
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I think I'll give it a shot too.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    That's all we drink now too. It is SO GOOD!
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE MY ALMOND MILK...THATS ALL I USE....BUT I ONLY USE THE ORIGINAL FLAVOR - LESS SUGAR THAN FLAVORED...GREAT AS A TALL COLD GLASS, IN OATMEAL, CEREAL AND ANYTIME MILK OR CREAM IS NEEDED I REPLACE WITH ALMOND MILK..
    EVEN BETTER IS THAT I CAN STOCK UP BECAUSE NO FRIG REQ TILL ITS OPENED.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Love it too!! but unsweetened! I might put a TBSP of Xyitol in it if drinking be itself :)
  • Robster3
    Robster3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use it in my Shakeology shake. I won't drink regular milk anymore.
  • ninertaz
    ninertaz Posts: 2
    Options
    I love cow's milk and I still drink it but my goal is to leave it for Almond milk... Im still used to regular milk so I still use it for certain things, but i've found Almond Milk to be better tasting than soy milk thus a better alternative to soy milk. Start by using it in smoothies/shakes then use it for cereals and outmeal then have a glass by itself or with a fat free/sugar free/gluten free/carb free Girl Scouts cookie... I don't think those exist but you get the picture... Hope this helps.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    How long does Almond Milk last? I've cut way back on breakfast cereal so I never buy milk as it goes bad before I can use it.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I had never heard of it before, but bought my first last week. Great on cereal and awesome in my coffee!
  • coakes31
    coakes31 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of it, but have yet to try it. It is on my list to buy. =)

I watched a clip from Dr Oz tonight and he was talking about 3 miracle health drinks, all by the way are milk products. 1-helps with weight loss, 2-helps give you great skin and 3-great for your memory! Now all of these are on my list to try.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/new-miracle-health-drink?hs317=billboard_3